Baby Notopala top and bottom

Baccus

I have been noticing this baby notopala getting about in one of my tanks, I am assuming its the same one each time, although it could well be different ones. But wanted to share pictures of the underside of these babies as well as top view, just in case anyone else is lucky enough to also get this species of snail and wants to id the babies.

P1140031_zps5us1fmqm.jpg

P1140107_zpsklpodrns.jpg

Even though this baby was near the ravaged anubius I do not believe he is the guilty party.

And a side view of an adult of these snails, most likely a parent of the above baby

P1140032_zpsr6badxjv.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I don't really know what the exact parameters are in the tank, and sadly it might be a while before I do more than the standard drops and tops thanks to a pipe leaking in the house and causing some damage, and now waiting on insurance assessors and possibly builders to do repairs. (Thank goodness it was nothing to do with my tanks over in the car shed, instead it was a wayward pipe behind the shower).

I think I have worked out that the snails have one baby at a time, this is a semi educated guess since I know for a fact that in one tank I have 2 babies with distinct size differences. If not being born at different times then I guess it could be food limitations causing slow growth on one of the babies. But I am more inclined to go with one baby at a time.

close%20up%20notopala%20baby_zps5dmnsrqc

Update on the baby notopala I have been keeping an eye on, he's starting to develop colour now

P1140225_zps60zbesrg.jpg