Helllooooo... from Sydney

t3v0r0

HI there,

I'm a shrimp newbie trying to gather as much information as possible.

Been keeping fish for > 10 years but just dived into Shrimps in the last few months.

Heres hoping I can learn to keep some fairly decent graded CRS.

Welcome mate, there is plenty of info available here to help you on your way. Keep posting to get full access to the forum, or maybe purchase a premium membership.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Seems like this forum really is quite big. (saw the ad from petlink)

And I can recognise some of the usernames as well. Pretty cool seeing how the shrimp community is somehow linked within a few websites.

Welcome to SKF t3v0r0..You'll definitely get a lot of information from members of this forum...:encouragement:

Welcome to SKF Mate, Don't Rush the learning process and start with cherries, then as your knowledge broadens you can move on to the higher ( harder grades) of shrimp, Start small and save your $$$$$ for a little later. ENJOY!

Same boat as me mate! Fish for ages, just got into shrimp! Sydney too! Found the transition hard? It's wierd not trying to pump thousands of litres per hour through your filter!

Welcome to SKF mate.

Not only is this forum big, but it's full of very knowledgeable breeders and keepers who are all more than happy to help and share what they know.

Once the full forum opens up for you, you will realize how amazing and how much information is on this forum.

While still a new forum it's fast becoming one of the best resources around.

I hope you enjoy SKF and look forward to reading all your posts/threads.

:)

Same boat as me mate! Fish for ages' date=' just got into shrimp! Sydney too! Found the transition hard? It's wierd not trying to pump thousands of litres per hour through your filter![/quote']

Actually, was easier than I thought it would be. I've got a well planted community 4 footer, with Cherry reds running havoc with guppies and swortails, and a couple of bristlenose catfishes. It was the cherrys that got me into the shrimps.

Now I have a nano tank of cherrys only

Another nano tank for red rillis

And yet another one for crystal reds.

The Mrs put a stop to any new tanks after that :(