SKF Marketplace

NoGi

Where do you make your trades?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you typically make your successful trades? (Buy/Sell/Swap)

• SKF Marketplace
    • SKF Live Auctions
    • SKF Private Messaging
    • Facebook Group(s)
    • Gumtree/eBay
    • Other

Our current marketplace isn't that active and I want to get an idea of where people are trading so that our team can decide what direction to take our marketplace. Current 2 options are to improve or remove.

Any improvement suggestions can be posted here as well.

I've been doing a fair bit of buying/selling lately (at least 5 trades per week, every week for the last 2 months) and I have 2 comments. 

1)  I prefer SKF related trading to Facebook groups/Gumtree because the people here are generally a LOT nicer and less obnoxious/suspicious.  But there just isn't that much available most of the time.

2)  I admit that while I've got stuff to sell, I've posted it on Gumtree rather than here.  At first it was because I hadn't bought the subscription and couldn't post, but right now, it's mostly through sheer laziness. 

For my part, I promise I'll remedy that laziness soon and start posting my stuff here.   Hopefully others will as well.

• Like 3

Interesting, do you think more would utilise if everyone could sell?

What would be the incentive to become a subscription member if that was the case?

26 minutes ago, NoGi said:

Interesting, do you think more would utilise if everyone could sell?

What would be the incentive to become a subscription member if that was the case?

I don't know if it matters for others :P 

I suspect not so much - most people who are new to the forum are also newish to the hobby.  They'd be less likely to have things to sell.  I've had a fair bit of experience with aquatic stuff in the past and the things I'd be selling are fast to propagate - plants and red cherries.

The reason I subscribed is because I thought SKF was worth supporting, not because I wanted to be able to sell.   Besides, I suspect a free-for-all market would just end up like the facebook forums - lots of people out for a quick profit at someone else's expense. 

• Like 2

Great feedback and consistent with what we were hoping for with subscriptions as well. Unfortunately, we did see a significant drop when we did open up parts of the classified to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

So does that mean I can use marketplace or do I need to be Platinum or Diamond member? Getting into these amazing SHRIMP and wanting to buy some.Limited range due to not many recent FOR SALE or AUCTION,  Hoping more breeders start selling!!!Thanks

At the moment only subscription members can sell. Everyone can post in the wanted forums though.

We are still working through what changes (if any) are needed here.

But un-subscribed members can BUY, right?  I think that's what he might have been asking?  Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link the names!  (yeah, yeah, I'm a noob)