New Library Article - Cheat Sheet for adjusting water parameters

jayc

Thanks, there is still a final clean up required but I'll get it done when I go through the branding exercise with all the posters.

3 hours ago, Kaylenna said:

I love the chart, but I find the red circles a tad distracting. 

The increase/decrease circles?

Yah those.  When I look at the page, that's the first thing I see and it seems to take my attention from the text.  I'm not sure if it's the color or just the solidness of them compared to text.

Personally, I feel the text version in the first post is much easier to read, while the graphical representation is a little bit too busy.  I'm also reading the increase/decrease arrow balls opposite of what they actually represent.

Probably not something to put on the main chart in particular, but what about weird edge cases to supplement the cheat sheet?

For example I have very low ph, and very high gh out of the tap. (also bounces between 0-3 kh)

One could try to lower gh by adding RO water, but depending on the water chemistry going in, the RO water coming out might be rather acidic, which won't fix a low ph problem.

While trying to fix the low ph with bicarbonate will cause the gh to rise.

I'm experimenting with some different solutions, but it is one of those things that may end up having a few different answers depending on whether their water will come out of RO acidic or not among other things.

The infographics is not to replace the table. Some people understand text better and others can understand a graphical representation better. We are having table and infographics so that we cater for all.

• 2 months later...

Looks great ?? @NoGi In line with the other posters, easy to read and use take a pat on the back well done.

• Like 1

If @jayc is happy ?, as he had this idea for the cheat sheet, I'd say your right to go @NoGi as stated before take a pat on the back because as usual you've done well again. Keep up the great work just don't burn yourself out.

Thanks @zn30.

@NoGi,

I think the Ammonia/Nitrite column needs a "Do Nothing" heading for the Too Low row.

Just like the Nitrate column.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...