Help on what to do, please:)

Matmatmat

So in one of my tanks (kinda neglected cherry tank) there has of late been quite a few shrimp showing blue coloration,to encourage it should I..A, keep picking out the ones with blue and keep them in a tank on their own? B, try and pick out the red ones and leave the blue? C, nothing and see what happens? D, just bite the bullet and buy some blue ones? E, listen to my wife and stop spending trinket money on shrimp ;) Any help would be greatly received.Cheers Mat

i would pic out the blue and put them in a different tank for the reason of

A. you want to line breed blue

B. the reds are producing the blue so removing them will only be moving where you get the blue from..

C. sell the blues and buy the wife some shinny trinkets

:)

Thanks Dean, what was I thinking? Another tank is always the correct answer!

I shall name it the trinket tank :)

Do I just pick out the ones with the most blue or anything with any blue?

I would start with taking ones with any blue at all, then just keep taking out the red ones

From the blue tank. In time you should see less and less red and blue slowly improving over a year :)

just keep a close eye on the ones you pick out. sometimes it is just the water conditions that make them blue. when you put them into another tank they might go back to red.

just keep a close eye on the ones you pick out. sometimes it is just the water conditions that make them blue. when you put them into another tank they might go back to red.

Ok, cheers. If that happens does that mean that it's not a blue gene and just water perameters changing the color? And they go back to the red tank? Some of the ones in the red tank are ones that have less orange than my orange tank so they got moved there.. If that makes any difference?

I'd remove the ones with the least blue/more red colouration and leave behind the more blue ones then over time as the blue improves be more and more fussy with the blues you leave in the tank.