Any recommendations for buying a large Cube with a lid?

KeenShrimp

I am trying to replace a small tank of mine: looking for 35-50 litre minimalist-looking cube (ok, you twisted my arm- I will take a rectangle too), but it has to come with a glass lid. I cannot find any of these 'nano'  cubes that are both large enough and has a lid. I looked at the Fluval Edge 46litre and am not happy with the filter intake height and for $369 for that puppy, I don't want to have to modify the darn thing! All the nice large glass cubes I have found are open...anyone have any idea where these are being sold?

My AquaOne nanos have these plastic lip things that clip onto the edge which lets the glass lid sit on top off. Maybe you can get these as aftermarket accessories somewhere?

Thanks guys. I have had a look at all brands I could find and the large cubes do not have lids at all. I will h ave a chat with Jamie on Sunday??, just in case I missed it.

I got lids made for my tanks. Just measure and get an LFS to make them up. 

Mine sit on top of the tanks rim, with cut outs for filter pipes.

Edited by jayc

• HOF Member

you can buy the little plastic ledges for the glass to sit on -I bought some a couple of years back and they work well. I don't think our sponsors sell them so you need to google them. Aqua -one cubes come with lids but they also have their own filter system at the back of the tank -I took mine out to give me more room also they need to be modified a bit to stop the shrimp getting into the filter -they are 30 and 40cm cubes. I'm pretty sure Jamie does have some very nice cubes for sale -if he hasn't used them all naughty man as if he doesn't have enough tanks! 

• Like 1

Thank you @jayc and @ineke! My plan was not to have to modify anything- who was I kidding right?? I agree with you Ineke, I do not like the built-in filters in my smaller tanks: vibrations in my AquaOne AR380 and hard access to the tank is prompting me to toss it out. I will explore the options and let you know how I go!

• HOF Member

If your Aqua one 380 has the top inbuilt filter untit just take it out - quite easy to do - and use a small canister or sponge filters. Or take the whole top unit  off and add a new light.