Hello from Brisbane

luckyshrimp

Hi, I'm Jemma and I'm from Brisbane

Been keeping and breeding shrimp for the past few years.

Yellow and red cherries, chocolate cherries, sunkist, rillis, blue tigers, and now i'm getting into Natives, Riffles, Darwin red nose, Blackmore river caridina, North Australian Chameleon shrimp, and soon I shall get 4 other native species :) Natives are very underrated, they are very cool.

I have my own facebook shrimp site called Hard core prawns Australia - shrimp fanatics lots of articles and information for beginners and shrimp keepers, I like to help out where I can and offer advice.

Hope to learn more and check out what you have on this forum

Jemma :)

Hi Jemma - another local!

Welcome to the forum!

Nice collection of shrimp there .... any chance of some pics?

wow that's a great list!!! welcome to the forum jemma :) any pics please? and i can't seem to find your page on facebook :(

Hey Jemma, another native fan. Awesome. Bob (northboy) and I are trying to get some articles on natives put together for the library. Definitely worth the $12.50 for premium membership to access this info. I'll be adding some habitat characteristics for riffles over the next couple of days, should be useful info for keeping them in aquaria. I'm sure Bob has info (or is getting it) on the habitat where he gets his riffles, so it will be interesting to compare.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.

Hi Jemma, welcome to SKF :) glad you made it over and i would love to see many of those articles you have written on FB over here :)

HI JEMMA! Hay I was going to ask you to drop by our forum, I hope you and Donny both enjoy SKF Great to have you with us Wayne.

Thank you everyone for the welcome, everyone is so friendly!

I shall post some pictures very soon :)

GBang this is a link to my site http://www.facebook.com/groups/479098358795999/?fref=ts

Fishmosy I'm considering joining the premium membership, I love articles and getting as much info in my head as I can, especially when it comes to Natives, not as much info out there as I would expect there to be, but as I said, they are underrated

Dean thank you for sharing this site with me, its fantastic!

matmatmat and wayne6442, hey guys, seems great minds think alike eh :D how are your 'sunkiss' shrimp going Wayne? :)

Think i'm going to enjoy this site a whole lot more now

ok so you wanted pictures...here they are

Riffle Shrimp P1010965.jpgP1010282-1.jpg

The Red Cherry female in this picture is 4cm long! The other shrimp next to her are actually full grown adults. We experimented and put a hand full of reds into an ibc container outside and let it go green, chucked in plants etc, and this was the result, super big cherries!

P1030024.jpg

Chocolate...we call him Mr. Espresso :)

P1030109.jpg

Rillis and blue tigers chilling out with yellows and mr.snail

P1010333-1.jpgP1010347.jpgP1010345-1.jpg

Darwin red nose shrimp, just got these guys today so a bit faded from travel stress

P1030097-1.jpgP1030098.jpg

Blackmore River Caridina

P1030103-1.jpg