Aquarium Manager / Log

nerowolfe

Hi all. Just wondering what people are using to keep track of their tanks, inhabitants and readings?

I settled on Nyagua, after looking at several programs, both free and fee based. Nyagua is free, and Java based, though at the moment it is only available for Windows platform. There is a Linux version listed, but it is for an older version, and the guy doing the updates has moved on to other things.

Since I started using it, about 14 moths ago, there have been several updates released, and it is improving with each update. (I have actually become a contributor to it).

It has a main database for fish, invertibrates and plants, that you add to yourself (you can import directly from fishbase.org), this is so the database isn't massive and only contains the fish, inverts and plants your interested in. This database is then the source for listing the inhabitants in your tank(s).

You can set up tracking of multiple tanks, listing the plants, inhabitants, expenses, water test results (fresh & marine), maintenance schedule, history, devices & their power consumption. You can run reports (with filters), on a specific tank, expenses, water test results, (as well as graph them), your plants, fish & invertibrates, and an estimated power consumption report .. handy.

You can add images to the database for fish, etc. as well as adding a picture of your tank.

It has calculators for pH-kH-CO2 relationship, heater calculator, pump flow, a nutrient calculator and several converters. I must mention that the pH-kH-CO2 calculator is also included in the test result page, along with a 'true Ammonia' calculation, which when calculated will also highlight in colour to indicate for CO2 - low, optimum, high or toxic & for NH3 - good, high, toxic.

It has a scheduler, but at the moment, it only provides a reminder on start up, but the author is looking at the possibility of using the Google APIs to push the schedule to Google Calendar & send the alerts to your Smartphone.

Anyway, enough of my ravings ... let's here about what you use.

• Like 3

I take pictures and post info in here and other forums.... Helps me keep track but my tank keeping is slightly more organic and KAOS theory!

This program sounds good.

An app based platform would be ideal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of it but sounds interesting! I'll check it out when I get a moment. Cheers nerowolfe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We could look at something here eventually. We did try and make a start on water test logs: http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/water-tests-log/

The link doesn't seem to work for me... Was it pulled?

Try now

Haha it works now cheers! I was thinking it was a word document or something like that to print and log your test results... That's my bad, I'll put it down to being a newbie! Thank you though :)