Long term Shrimp Rack

wickkyjr

Well on the weekend drove from Brisbane to Maryborough for a breeding system. Was a long drive and even longer home thanks to some fallen power lines just out of Gympie.

But for the price it was worth the drive. Wooden stand, 12 2ft tanks, 4ft sump, lights, sump pump, some media and all plumbing for a crazy price of $300!!!

Only problem is that I have no room until I buy a house at the end of the year. So this will sit at dads house until then.

All 13 tanks went into the cruiser and the stand into the trailer. Few pics of the car and trailer

20160521_093725_zpspdqxikfg.jpg

20160521_093732_zpstbwhkydo.jpg

Will be changing it around a little bit. Not to keen on the way the sump is set up so will be changing that. White paint will come off and redone in black. Currently the top tanks feed to the bottom tanks then to the sump and pump back up to the top so that will be changed. Will have another 3 tanks next to the sump that will run separately. Depending on how big the shed will be maybe another 6 tanks on top. Re-enforce the stand. Take out the fluros for some LED's. Thats it for the moment I think. Will be updating when I change things around. If you guys have any idea's for it don't be shy!

This will be my first shrimp system.

20160521_144158_zpsovdd2kzg.jpg

Cheers Zac  

• Like 3

What an amazing bargain!! Great find!

Wow good stuff!

Cheers guys, super excited to get this up and running.

Can you believe it took him over a month to sell! and he had another 2 of the same haha but one rack was enough for me.

Had a thought last night that I could run another sump underneath and have 1 row with what ever and 1 row Sulawesi, as they are my favorite shrimp but all just ideas at the moment. Have 6 months to get this set up to my liking can't wait!

What an awesome pickup! Sometimes the distance puts off Buyers. I just did a 300km round trip a few weeks back for my new sump/rack tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always see more rack setups come up for sale in QLD then anywhere else for some reason