A few changes and tank number 13

ineke

• HOF Member

after finding the quality in my large colony of CRS just not improving late last year I pulled it down and changed the large tank over to my TB tank. I sold off most of the CRS and kept the best. I added some very good cull males from GBANG - Glenn - showing that not all culls are equal. After a few months the quality of my CRS began to improve dramatically.  I now had them in a 2 foot tank and was able to see them better and started culling out any low grade or any worth poor colour.  I only kept 3 males and 10 females initially and as the number grew I sold off more youngsters and also the initial adults keeping about 20 juvies of S & SS grade as my colony. I now have setup an oversize 30" tank that finally finished cycling this week. I have put about 30 CRS into this tank to finish growing and will do a final cull in a few weeks bringing the colony back down to 15 or so of the best. Hopefully I can continue to get good results with these new juvies. I'm starting to get some nice red legs - not full red yet but it's a start- and the white is much better, the red always was fairly good . These CRS have come from my line that has not bred any Goldens for 3 years and I have never had them in with CBS during that time. I was going to sell off the whole colony a while ago - that's why I sold off the adults as I wasn't going to breed them any more but after seeing the improvement it has inspired me to continue. I have included some pictures of the old colony, the new tank, a few of the babies and also some pictures of the old tank now used as my TB tank . I recently bought some extra TB from Newbreed - Jamie - he sent some lovely shrimp including some berried girls so hopefully a population explosion will be seen soonimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by ineke
  • Like 5

• HOF Member

Of course you realise I need another tank no one has 13 tanks!

• Like 1

They look great @ineke

I am very glad to hear you are sticking with your CRS. There has been a lot of improvement. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Looking good ineke, glad to be a recipient of your outcasts ;)

Where is that massive lava rock from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• HOF Member

Newbreed Aquatics -Pisces rocks ,  that's 2 x 15 kg boxes worth. It goes a long way . The CRS you bought are the new crop Foxpuppet. They have Gbang's boys as their father and my best girls. You should do well with them. I have kept siblings from them and the generation before them to breed on. 

Edited by ineke
  • Like 1