• Similar Content

• Panda
      By Panda
      Evening Guys,
         I had a shipment (small one) arrive today, but the sender has mixed my King Kongs and Black Pintos in the same bag. Is there an easy tell tale as to which is which? (rather small juvies)
      These are my first bee's and really wanted to keep things separate for now.
      Thanks in advance.
    • Crabby
      By Crabby
      Hey everyone,
      I was recently (meaning today) given the opportunity to set up a breeding tank for some native inverts (or some harder to breed fish I guess, but I want to go for shrimp) in a fishroom I help out in. I've been trying to decide what native shrimp I want to try breeding, but then I remembered that it's not as simple as exotics. Can I get some input from the 'experts' (@Grubs, @NoGi, @Baccus, @fishmosy, @jayc of course, I know most of you aren't very active anymore, but I would appreciate your help if you see this message) on what native invert you guys think is easiest to breed (for a semi-noob who hasn't kept natives before). I can set it up as brackish I think, we have an archer fish tank there and are setting up a saltwater as well so should have access to those tools and materials.  
      Cheers!
    • YoloDaBolo
      By YoloDaBolo
      PLZ HELP 🙂 
    • sky99
      By sky99
      Hello everyone!
      I bought some pintos, and i did put them with my other bees (some panda, some king kong, some blue bolts).
      However, i can't seem to find if pintos do breed true (in that case, should i separate them? or will those mix with the others
      to make cool new paterns, colors, etc?)
      I have a hard time figuring what bee breed true if any.
      I've read that bee are a mutation of CRS/CBS, but do they produce  similar offsprings or is it more random as an interaction of
      multiple genes?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    • Chris0zx6r
      By Chris0zx6r
      Hi, I’ve got a 55 litre tank with some guppies, cardinal tetras, panda and peppered cories, amano shrimp and cherry shrimp (oh and a few unintentional snails). I’ve just discovered that there are maybe 10 tiny cherry shrimp (less than 2mm) underneath a piece of wood in the tank. Will they survive with the other species in the tank or should I put them in a breeding box at the top of the tank (I already have one) to stop them becoming fish food! Never had anything breed in the tank so far, so not sure what’s best.
      Thanks, Chris 
  • Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Subtlefly
      So an update...  I called the store that said they had an ADA 90f on their website and they dont have one.  ADA dont even make that tank anymore.   So guys help me out.. do you consider that the 60F 600x300x180 is too small for a small school of celestial pearl danios or cilli rasboras and shrimp?  30 litres This would certainly help me out with the overall build budget!  I have also found a fireAqua tank being imported into Western Australia that is 900x300x240. I am still in the budget and planning stage and would really appreciate your input team. Thanks for your help sub
    • sdlTBfanUK
      You should be able to tell the difference when they colour up a bit as those 2 type look quite different/distinctive patternwise! If you can't tell then put them in one tank and let them grow a bit bigger or just colour up a bit more then you will be able to tell and move one set to a different/seperate tank! Probably if they are small then there isn't much likelyhood of them crossbreeding as they are too young? Welcome to the forum! Simon
    • Panda
      Evening Guys,    I had a shipment (small one) arrive today, but the sender has mixed my King Kongs and Black Pintos in the same bag. Is there an easy tell tale as to which is which? (rather small juvies) These are my first bee's and really wanted to keep things separate for now. Thanks in advance.
    • jayc
      Only anything smaller than a neon tetra. They are unlikely to catch them however. Bottom dwellers are most at risk. But if your pleco is larger than a neon tetra size, it should be fine. Just keep the Long Arm well fed.
    • Dave
      If you want some special local NT Shrimps, email me aqua.green(at)bigpond.com there are other small shrimps in the top end no one has tried.  If you can get me into Kakadu there are some really nice shrimps on and at the base of the Arnhem Land Escarpment. Many would be good in the aquarium trade.   Kakaducarididae_revision.pdf