• Similar Content

• YoloDaBolo
      By YoloDaBolo
      PLZ HELP 🙂 
    • sky99
      By sky99
      Hello everyone!
      I bought some pintos, and i did put them with my other bees (some panda, some king kong, some blue bolts).
      However, i can't seem to find if pintos do breed true (in that case, should i separate them? or will those mix with the others
      to make cool new paterns, colors, etc?)
      I have a hard time figuring what bee breed true if any.
      I've read that bee are a mutation of CRS/CBS, but do they produce  similar offsprings or is it more random as an interaction of
      multiple genes?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    • Chris0zx6r
      By Chris0zx6r
      Hi, I’ve got a 55 litre tank with some guppies, cardinal tetras, panda and peppered cories, amano shrimp and cherry shrimp (oh and a few unintentional snails). I’ve just discovered that there are maybe 10 tiny cherry shrimp (less than 2mm) underneath a piece of wood in the tank. Will they survive with the other species in the tank or should I put them in a breeding box at the top of the tank (I already have one) to stop them becoming fish food! Never had anything breed in the tank so far, so not sure what’s best.
      Thanks, Chris 
    • edishrimp
      By edishrimp
      Hey guys!
      I've had my CRS for close to a month now (bought about 20 juvies and adults on 30th June) and they seem to be really happy and healthy in their tank with the painted fire reds. So far the PFRs have been berrying and breeding like crazy but I've yet to see any berried CRS 😕
      Tank Parameters:
      Size: 14 Gallon Long Ammonia , Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 20ppm pH 6.3 dKH 2 dGH 7 TDS 170 Temp 23-25c Diet: Bacter AE (1 scoop once a week-mainly for the PFR babies), Bornoewild Frenzy (once a week), Indian Almond leaves and aldercones for when they get the late night hunger pangs 😄
      So my question would be, do my CRS require some additional protein in their diet? I've been told breeding is quite a energy intensive activity for shrimp. And if so, would feeding some frozen blood-worms help to supplement this? 
      Thanks for reading!!
    • maelstroem
      By maelstroem
      Hi
      New to this forum, I have read huge numbers of posts and have found excellent information available, all in one area has made it enjoyable rather than trawling through 1000's internet pages looking for specific info.
      I have never kept shrimps ( have kept tropical fish in various types for many years ) before but I am about to , I have all the gear ready to go but am moving house in a few weeks so waiting until then to get stuck in.
      I have seen a number of excellent posts on genetics from JayC - I used to keep and show budgies many years ago and the mendel theory bit ties in nicely with the budgie genetics
      which I was quite au fait with , budgie genetics and breeding results are quite quantifiable , there are many tables for reference for colour / pattern breeding results.

It seems however with shrimp it seems a little bit hit n miss regarding outcomes ( I may be very wrong here but just seems that way,  from reading answers to various questions I have found being asked).It just seems the breeding results from various Xings usually produces a reply with " well it just depends "

Now moving on to the title question / s ..... do King Kong shrimp breed true?
      Does black X black always = black - same for red X red and yellow X yellow. Also mixing the colours - I've read somewhere that black is dominant to red but the red can be carried in split form ,  where does the yellow form stand in this is it recessive to both black and red ?
      I have noticed there are various patterns in KK ( extreme - with the tip of the tail white against a solid main colour ) but also some with bands on them, are these actual recognised patterns
      or are they just better / worse grades ?
      If they are recognised patterns - do the patterns breed true also ?
      Which shrimp are required to breed KK's without using a KK as a parent?

Finally slightly off subject 'mischlings' - reverting back to the budgie genetics, all crossings no matter how complex produce a named variety / colour even if it is a very poor version - it has a name.
      With mischlings it seems to be just classed as crossbreeds - is this because the young are so diverse in colour pattern and type it is not possible to give it a name or ?
      Sorry for not placing this in the correct section but I don't have enough knowledge to know where it would belong lol.
      Also appologise for the many Q's within a Question and maybe not set out very tidily.
      I have many other questions regarding breeding outcomes etc but will try to keep the posts at a good space between them so as not to bombard and annoy folks.
      Thanks
      M.