More Gumtree Woes

Cryptocorynus

I agree with you guys, that is why I enjoy this forum so much. I just wanted to warn against potentially creating a false impression of a safe environment on the forum compared to Gumtree. By sticking to the regular contributors on the forum who have been around a long time and asking a moderator for a reference for someone, you can save yourself from losing money, and being disappointed in a transaction. 

• Like 2

Yes always be careful, Always get references.

You can never be too careful and I always asked a few trusted members about people I may buy shrimp from.

Got a tank from gumtree today with Ada soil 3 months old. Got tank home added soil as it was bagged up, filled tank but ph is still 7s how long does it take to buffer water?

Hi @Mitch91,

Did you use tap water or RO/DI remineralised? If it is tap water, it should be buffered by tomorrow night for a smaller tank if you have a nice fat layer of substrate in there. It is hard to guess if we don't know the tank volume, water used or the substrate thickness. With 3 month old solid it should still be good for a long time ??

39 minutes ago, KeenShrimp said:

Hi @Mitch91,

Did you use tap water or RO/DI remineralised? If it is tap water, it should be buffered by tomorrow night for a smaller tank if you have a nice fat layer of substrate in there. It is hard to guess if we don't know the tank volume, water used or the substrate thickness. With 3 month old solid it should still be good for a long time 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Just tap mate, tank is 18inch long x 9 wide x 9.5 high