heaters - good and bad?

waffle

Brisbane's extended summer is finally drawing to an end and it's time to get some more heaters. Does anyone have recommendations on brands/models to use or avoid using? Petworx are cheap but I'm thinking is this because they like to create shrimp soup?? I'll be after a few 25W and 50W since my tanks are small.

I'm a big fan of the AquaEl heaters. Compact, black and not glass! Unbreakable! Only drawback for me is you can hear when it turns on. It's like some flicks a switch which makes a noise haha. A bit on the expensive side $40 for the 50W

• Like 1

Personally I don't have a preference over heater make/model even though most of my heaters are Eheim Jagers. I use any make/model I could get but for some of my sumps, a 300W Eheim Jager is too big to fit so I had to use a different one.

To prevent shrimp soup regardless of make/model of heaters, I would recommend an additional thermostat for each heater which cost around $10-$15 from eBay. Send me a PM if you would like a link.

All heaters would eventually fail so a cheap redundancy is a good investment IMO.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips @neo-2FX and @jc12! I feel much more confident going forward.

• Like 2