Surprises from the Depths

Cryptocorynus

About a year ago my Dad and I set up an old spa for growing out fry in the warmer months which we doubled up to grow plants (Vallisneria, Aponogetons, Echinodorous, etc.) at the same time, but since the fish won't be able to survive over winter, over the last few weeks we have slowly been taking the fry out and putting them into the hothouse (now only cherry shrimp and the plants should be in the spa). Anyway, I hadn't checked up on the plants in the spa for about 6 months, and to be honest was expecting everything to be dead or at least not in good shape, but instead I ended up very surprised when I had a look.

iSCfSaT.jpg

The spa, surely not seeming as though anything at the bottom would be getting enough light to survive, much less thrive.

uIdR0gb.jpg

One of the tubs at the bottom of the spa. The plants are as healthy as anything!

Edited by Cryptocorynus
  • Like 1

Wow definitely wouldnt be putting my hand up for a tub in there lol :P

how do you filter it ? 

Right now there is no filter on it, actually. Getting it filtered is on the list, though!

this tank... i mean Spa is screaming for buces!

38 minutes ago, Foxpuppet said:

this tank... i mean Spa is screaming for buces!

That's a great idea! I might actually try that! I'd probably put them up on a few milk crates, though, just to be on the safe side in regards to light requirements. But thank you so much, I had never thought of that but now you say it I have no idea how it never crossed my mind, haha.