New Shrimp Rack(s) Planning

Abhishek

Hi All,

Soon I will be having my own shrimp room so will be adding 20+ shrimp tanks to the existing ones.
The mistake I have done with the older tanks is - the water change and drainage were all manual work so it takes quite a bit of time for the water change. Mostly I get weekends only to spend with family and if I spend a big chunk of the time in water change then obviously family will not be happy.

So will be selling some of the tanks and will get all similar size of tanks for better understanding and plan is to automate the water change as much as can.

Below is a crude diagram of the rack(s) and how the system I am planning -

Rack%2BSetup.jpg

Will be a 3 layered custom made rack, which will mostly keep 3 tanks in each level.
Now my area tap water is around 800 tds so will be using RO plus remineralizer.

First we will keep a square container around 250-300 lt at ground level where I will put RO water and will mix the remineralizer and then at a decent height one more container of around 200lt will be kept which will be used to distribute water to every tank(s). From the ground level to the top level water will be sent using a pump. Will replenish the bottom container once its empty.

Each tank will have 2 pipes - 1 for input and 1 for output. Each tank input will be connected to a master PVC input and the PVC will be connected to the top container. And each tank output will be connected same to a master PVC output which will be connected straight to the drainage.
Each of the tank inlet and outlet will be controlled by valve and will be opened during water change.

Below is a diagram of the tank sizes, filtration etc.

Tank%2Band%2Bfiltration.jpg

Tank dimension are mentioned in inches.
Each tank will have 2 filtration - Taiwan style UG filtration and one sponge filter. A 4 inch partition will be done in the tank where the UG plate, filter media and soil will be kept.
The UG and Sponge filter will be connected to a bigger Hiblow XL pump which will run all the tanks.

So each tank will have 4 air pipes -
1 water drainage -valve controlled
1 water inlet - valve controlled
1 air pipe for UG
1 air pipe for sponge filter

Mostly will be using LED for all the setups.

Now would require members advice on the system we have planned. Please share your thoughts/suggestions/area of improvements.
My end goal would be to provide efficient filtration and also to automate the water change as much possible as it can be.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...