Jump to content

Mothers Day Competition #2 - Newbreed Aquatics Treasure Hunt.


Disciple
 Share

Recommended Posts

Those Shelters are adorable! Squee!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

congrats to all the winners 

5 hours ago, jc12 said:

I still think these shelters look like nudibranch eggs. :)

f4aa4b814182ab70061ab0017fbc4a1f.jpg

607d5f52ad1732a1cae6f0c484397861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the old lady that lives next door dont find out you stole her flowers!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @jayc, are those sweet-looking shelters PVC or some sort of biofilm-culturing membrane for the bubs? Trying to figure out if they have a specific use their than being a regular shelter....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Ron.

Thanks mate this will go a long way to restocking my tank after my devastating losses that i had so im a happy camper to say the least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KeenShrimp said:

Hi @jayc, are those sweet-looking shelters PVC or some sort of biofilm-culturing membrane for the bubs? Trying to figure out if they have a specific use their than being a regular shelter....

@KeenShrimp, I don't actually know what those Lowkeys shrimplet shelters are made of. It's probably a trade secret.

They are designed specifically for little shrimplets to graze in and hide in. The smaller nooks and crannies allow them to fit in there while keeping the bigger shrimps out.

Maybe @jc12 might have a better idea what they are made of, now that he has them to play with. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, KeenShrimp said:

Ha-ha, wooops!

Haha. I was wondering why you asked me. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to @newbreed and everyone that participated. I really enjoyed the last couple pages for this comp!

Great fun!

Hopefully we can do this regularly!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you @newbreed and @Disciple  who knew what a bunch of witty and entertaining people we had here! I had a few great chuckles with my morning coffee the past week!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KeenShrimp said:

Thank you @newbreed and @Disciple  who knew what a bunch of witty and entertaining people we had here! I had a few great chuckles with my morning coffee the past week!

Agreed just need to see it come out more often 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jayc said:

@KeenShrimp, I don't actually know what those Lowkeys shrimplet shelters are made of. It's probably a trade secret.

They are designed specifically for little shrimplets to graze in and hide in. The smaller nooks and crannies allow them to fit in there while keeping the bigger shrimps out.

Maybe @jc12 might have a better idea what they are made of, now that he has them to play with. 

 

The shelters look like their made of the swarf from turning Nylon round stock (similar to neoprene cutting boards) and painstakingly joined together with gel glue. I had a lot of this swarf from turning nylon rod which I used in my canister filters, the deeper the cut the better the curl. 

Edited by zn30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13 May 2016 at 9:51 AM, KeenShrimp said:

Hi @jayc, are those sweet-looking shelters PVC or some sort of biofilm-culturing membrane for the bubs? Trying to figure out if they have a specific use their than being a regular shelter....

The story is these were originally designed to be a filter medium, but ended up being used more aesthetically!

On 14 May 2016 at 3:17 PM, KeenShrimp said:

Ha-ha, wooops! I just confused @jc12 with @jayc ?

Cheers guys!! 

Another JC, lol!

21 hours ago, KeenShrimp said:

I just had to Google to find out what it was made of. I should have gone straight to @newbreed 's website as he is the only one listing it. It is PVChttps://newbreedaquatics.com.au/lowkeys-baby-bee-shelter-flower-single-preorder-.html

Glad Google found the right link, lol, 

 

Thanks everyone one for participating and letting the humour flow, something that should be mandatory in life!!

and massive massive Congrats and Thanks to @Disciple!! He is a living legend and goes out of his way to ensure everyone has a good time and gets the information they need plus keeping competitions and auctions running!! Busy man!! Cheers Basri!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, newbreed said:

and massive massive Congrats and Thanks to @Disciple!! He is a living legend and goes out of his way to ensure everyone has a good time and gets the information they need plus keeping competitions and auctions running!! Busy man!! Cheers Basri!

Thanks @newbreed for the kind words. We have a great team here and everyone is contributing all the time. So we cant forget 

@NoGi @OzShrimp @jayc @fishmosy 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just have my name on the door, don't really do much else other than sit here and look pretty.

:yo_!:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15 May 2016 at 7:22 PM, NoGi said:

i just have my name on the door, don't really do much else other than sit here and look pretty.

:yo_!:

 

Doing a great job mate!! So pretty!!

 

On 15 May 2016 at 7:09 PM, Disciple said:

Thanks @newbreed for the kind words. We have a great team here and everyone is contributing all the time. So we cant forget 

@NoGi @OzShrimp @jayc @fishmosy 

Many Thanks to the SKF team as a whole!! Didn't mean to omit!! Sorry shrimpers!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh please @newbreed atleast we know who ur favourite is now =p lol jk

Edited by OzShrimp
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, OzShrimp said:

Oh please @newbreed atleast we know who ur favourite is now =p lol jk

??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just forgot I haven't said thanks for the prizes yet, so thanks @newbreed! Everything got here undamaged and I can't wait to put everything to good use. Thanks again!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my prize pack in the mail yesterday after i didnt check it for a week lol.

Thank you kindly :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  • Join Our Community!

    Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

  • Must Read SKF Articles

  • Posts

    • Dalton07
      That serious fish-keepers are always meticulous with regards to the item they will put inside the aquarium. Among plants, Anubias Nana is the favorite by most fish-keepers. It can grow inside your fish tank, and unattractive as a food for most fishes, making it a suitable and ideal plant for aquariums.
    • JarryPatyson
      My parents have an aquarium, so I don't know if this will help, but still want to leave a suggestion. They also liked the idea of installing a light strip in it, so they started looking on amazon. I don't know what went wrong, but it broke on the fifth day of use. I think it was a cheap Chinese thing (although the website told me it was waterproof and durable). They asked me for help finding a better option, and I advised them of the smart LED multi-color light strips I used in my car. Being pretty skeptical, my dad still decided to try them. They have been working fine for a month now and don't even flicker. Mom says the fish are happy, lol. I hope my comment was helpful
    • jayc
      It's not looking good. Quarantine any shrimp showing Necrosis, as it can be infectious. Tell us what your water parameters are, and do a heavy water change after that. Increase surface agitation to get more oxygen into the water. A bit of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) into the water to increase oxygen might also help the shrimps that have not yet contracted this.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Sorry to see you have a problem. Try reading the section on 'muscular necrosis' in the below section. You will need to scroll down through it until you see the bold red heading of that description (it is quite a large article covering many problems etc, it is about the 5th item on the first page);   I don't have any personal experience of this but do ask any questions as someone may be able to help. A bit more general info may also  help, your setup, number of shrimps, how long you have had the shrimps, any water parameters you may have etc?
    • supershrimpme
      Hello, I was wondering if anyone here had any first-hand information on these particular pictures. It describes exactly what a few of my shrimp have. The second picture is spot on and most accurate. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...