Mothers Day Competition #2 - Newbreed Aquatics Treasure Hunt.

Disciple

Those Shelters are adorable! Squee!

congrats to all the winners 

5 hours ago, jc12 said:

I still think these shelters look like nudibranch eggs. :)

f4aa4b814182ab70061ab0017fbc4a1f.jpg

607d5f52ad1732a1cae6f0c484397861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the old lady that lives next door dont find out you stole her flowers!

• Like 2

Hi @jayc, are those sweet-looking shelters PVC or some sort of biofilm-culturing membrane for the bubs? Trying to figure out if they have a specific use their than being a regular shelter....

Well done Ron.

Thanks mate this will go a long way to restocking my tank after my devastating losses that i had so im a happy camper to say the least

4 hours ago, KeenShrimp said:

Hi @jayc, are those sweet-looking shelters PVC or some sort of biofilm-culturing membrane for the bubs? Trying to figure out if they have a specific use their than being a regular shelter....

@KeenShrimp, I don't actually know what those Lowkeys shrimplet shelters are made of. It's probably a trade secret.

They are designed specifically for little shrimplets to graze in and hide in. The smaller nooks and crannies allow them to fit in there while keeping the bigger shrimps out.

Maybe @jc12 might have a better idea what they are made of, now that he has them to play with. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KeenShrimp said:

Ha-ha, wooops!

Haha. I was wondering why you asked me. ?

Thanks to @newbreed and everyone that participated. I really enjoyed the last couple pages for this comp!

Great fun!

Hopefully we can do this regularly!

• Like 2

Thank you @newbreed and @Disciple  who knew what a bunch of witty and entertaining people we had here! I had a few great chuckles with my morning coffee the past week!

• Like 2

Just now, KeenShrimp said:

Thank you @newbreed and @Disciple  who knew what a bunch of witty and entertaining people we had here! I had a few great chuckles with my morning coffee the past week!

Agreed just need to see it come out more often 

9 hours ago, jayc said:

@KeenShrimp, I don't actually know what those Lowkeys shrimplet shelters are made of. It's probably a trade secret.

They are designed specifically for little shrimplets to graze in and hide in. The smaller nooks and crannies allow them to fit in there while keeping the bigger shrimps out.

Maybe @jc12 might have a better idea what they are made of, now that he has them to play with. 

The shelters look like their made of the swarf from turning Nylon round stock (similar to neoprene cutting boards) and painstakingly joined together with gel glue. I had a lot of this swarf from turning nylon rod which I used in my canister filters, the deeper the cut the better the curl. 

Edited by zn30

On 13 May 2016 at 9:51 AM, KeenShrimp said:

The story is these were originally designed to be a filter medium, but ended up being used more aesthetically!

On 14 May 2016 at 3:17 PM, KeenShrimp said:

Ha-ha, wooops! I just confused @jc12 with @jayc ?

Cheers guys!! 

Another JC, lol!

21 hours ago, KeenShrimp said:

I just had to Google to find out what it was made of. I should have gone straight to @newbreed 's website as he is the only one listing it. It is PVChttps://newbreedaquatics.com.au/lowkeys-baby-bee-shelter-flower-single-preorder-.html

Glad Google found the right link, lol, 

Thanks everyone one for participating and letting the humour flow, something that should be mandatory in life!!

and massive massive Congrats and Thanks to @Disciple!! He is a living legend and goes out of his way to ensure everyone has a good time and gets the information they need plus keeping competitions and auctions running!! Busy man!! Cheers Basri!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, newbreed said:

and massive massive Congrats and Thanks to @Disciple!! He is a living legend and goes out of his way to ensure everyone has a good time and gets the information they need plus keeping competitions and auctions running!! Busy man!! Cheers Basri!

Thanks @newbreed for the kind words. We have a great team here and everyone is contributing all the time. So we cant forget 

@NoGi @OzShrimp @jayc @fishmosy 

• Like 1

i just have my name on the door, don't really do much else other than sit here and look pretty.

:yo_!:

• Like 1

On 15 May 2016 at 7:22 PM, NoGi said:

i just have my name on the door, don't really do much else other than sit here and look pretty.

:yo_!:

Doing a great job mate!! So pretty!!

On 15 May 2016 at 7:09 PM, Disciple said:

Thanks @newbreed for the kind words. We have a great team here and everyone is contributing all the time. So we cant forget 

@NoGi @OzShrimp @jayc @fishmosy 

Many Thanks to the SKF team as a whole!! Didn't mean to omit!! Sorry shrimpers!!

Oh please @newbreed atleast we know who ur favourite is now =p lol jk

Edited by OzShrimp
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OzShrimp said:

Oh please @newbreed atleast we know who ur favourite is now =p lol jk

??

I just forgot I haven't said thanks for the prizes yet, so thanks @newbreed! Everything got here undamaged and I can't wait to put everything to good use. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Got my prize pack in the mail yesterday after i didnt check it for a week lol.

Thank you kindly :)