A bit of a head scratcher :D

Eshrimp

Ok so after testing last night this is the results I found....

kh=1-2

Gh= 9

Ph=6.5

Amonia =0

nit=0

niti=0

TDS= 313

My whole coloni of CRS and CBS (about 40 in total) are doing great, they molt, they eat like hounds, they are very active and I currently have 4 berried females and another 4 showing saddles.

I dose iron and potash for the moss and HC as well as doing a 20% weakly water changes with puratap filtered water.

Should I worry about the high Gh and TDS? Or is it one of those things where stability is the key.

If they are doing fine don't change it, as for your TDS that is total dissolved solids and that can be any thing even some thing from you fertilizer?

Keep up your water changes and check you water before you put it in the tank for TDS, might be coming from there to.

The other option is move to Cairns LOL, water from the tap here is all 0s. My fish keeping friends in Adelaide tell me the water can be liquid cement there?

OH should have added your TDS could be measuring Iron as well as every thing else.

Bob

don't try and fix something that is not broken .If your shrimp are doing well then leave it alone . everytime you muck around with your tank will increase the chances of YOU killing your shrimp!

don't try and fix something that is not broken .If your shrimp are doing well then leave it alone . everytime you muck around with your tank will increase the chances of YOU killing your shrimp!

+1

If you do decide to bring down or change any parameters always do so very very slowly.

The last thing you wanna do is change them instantly, Worst thing you can just about do really.