DOCTRDANS 30cm Cube CRS/CBS

doctr-dan

So its happened again. A perfectly happy shrimp this morning was getting feasted upon this afternoon, still had full colour and all whats with this?

I think I'm in trouble when summer hits, it was quite hot in Sydney yesterday I think it got up to 27 and my tank got up to 25 and I don't think I can afford a chiller

nice - i just lost 2 females after transferring them to the rack, they looked pretty old though and low grade. do you wanna swap me those 2 CBS for some CRS?

What a beautiful tank! What sort of wood is that? I want some! :P

Sorry to hear you've lost a couple, but hopefully you'll have some new babies from those berried girls soon :D

What a beautiful tank! What sort of wood is that? I want some! :P

Sorry to hear you've lost a couple' date=' but hopefully you'll have some new babies from those berried girls soon :D[/quote']

Hi and thanks

Yes its Gold vine as mentioned, and I to hope that I get a few new additions with the current berried tank mates.

Im currently thinking of ditching this tank in preference for a 2ft tank for the extra space, hard decision though as I really do like the overall look of this tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home from work, hot today 31 degrees, forgot to put the fan on the tank before I went to work, tank is up to 25 degrees.

Then I look down in the subwasatang........ SHRIMNPLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive counted 10 so far Its taken so long to get to this stage almost 2yrs

Congrats mate!

I remember my first shrimplets were after my tank leaked and all the shrimp were in a bucket for two days. That's when I found my first shrimpies lol

I don't think it was the heat, because I've been getting the odd death for months.

I've just noticed a berried CBS as well

• 8 months later...

Been a while since I posted here.

So the story goes everything was running well, i transferred everyone to a 2f tank for a bit more stability.

Built my numbers up to about 90 odd crs from struggling to keep 10 alive.

Then the flea bomb hit. I know what you're all thinking rookie mistake, well not really because I had succesfully done it before. Anyway I lost 75-80 shrimp .

Those thatvurvived now reside at foxpuppets and I pulled down the tank in frustration .

Well, time will heal the pain.....it's been a while, so hope you're planning to make a return. :encouragement: