Hi All SKF members

Lplants

Hi everyone,

Myself have been keeping CRS for 2 years now, hope to learn more new shrimp keeping information here.

Wishing all SKF member's shrimp safe during the heat wave in this summer.

cheers

Wai

Welcome to SKF Wai, Good luck over the summer for you too !

Welcome to SKF Wai, Good luck over the summer for you too !

Hi mate and welcome to SKF... enjoy and good luck for the summer too...

I lost 99% of my CBS last summer, tank was in garage and they just slowly die off when water temp went up 29c, in hot days.

Hi all again,

does anyone know that an UP Aqua Fan can cool down a 2ft tank by 4c when the room temp. at 30c(+)?

"sorry for posting question in this section because I'm still noob restricted to most area!"

welcome to SKF

i am not sure if that fan will cool by 4c but if you were to freeze a 1.25ltr bottle and add that to the tank on the hot days

with the fan it should keep the temp down.

but you are best to get a chiller to save the stress of loosing shrimp in summer..

Thanks for advice Dean, will definitely try the iced bottle + fan in this summer.

may invest a chiller only if I can breed high grade shrimp.

Cheers WAI

Never crossed my mind when I bought my CRS to consider about heatwave being critically dangerous for these little critters especially here in Perth...(Shrimp noob.Guy @ Pet store forgot to mention it)

All the best CJ:anonymous:

Melbourne weather temperature can go from 30c+ during the day then drop to 10c-15c at night!

I'll be slowly increasing my tanks temperature from 22C to 25C over the next 2 weeks, hoping to minimize the swings during the hot days. "finger-cross"

Sorry about going off topic, but wow I didn't know shrimp were affected so much by heat. Good thing I've learnt a few tricks like the ice water bottle to cool the water down.

Welcome Wai