Sign in to follow this  
waffle

Silent corner filter for office.

jayc

What about a small Eden canister filter?

http://www.thetechden.com.au/Eden_501_External_Canister_Filter_300lph_p/32721.htm

Those internal filters like the Aquael you linked are nothing more than powerheads that move water around. They don't offer much filtration capabilities.

waffle

True. Guess there's not much sponge for biological filtration on it :/ I was hoping it'd act somewhat like a sponge filter minus the noisy air pump.

Eden canister looks legit, thanks @jayc

jayc
20 minutes ago, waffle said:

Eden canister looks legit, thanks

You're welcome.

I have the Eden 511. 600L/hr.

Silent as can be, and can cope with filtration for my 60L 2 footer breeding tank.

but the 501 I linked should be sufficient for a 30cm cube.

Edited by jayc

waffle

Cheers @jayc, much appreciated!

fishmosy

I use the Eden external filters. I can highly recommend them. 

• Like 1

waffle

Looks like it's settled and I'll set up an Eden! Thanks guys, I reckon you've likely saved me a lot of frustration!

• Like 1

NoGi

I didn't realise they still made the Eden filters. My AquaOne internal job on the 29L AquaOne kit isn't coping so well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Crabclaw
      By Crabclaw
      Hey guys, I’m going away for a few weeks and having a neighbour take care of my tank, as they are already gonna be caring for my cat during that period. I’ll be away for 2 and a half weeks, so not a huge amount of time, but the neighbour doesn’t have any experience with fish or shrimp tank maintenance.
      The tank will be fine without a water change during that time as long as I do one before I leave, I know that, but my 2 main problems are feeding and stopping my intake sponge from clogging up.
      For feeding I was considering getting a couple of pill boxes, like the ones that have seperate compartments for each day of the week, so I can set a certain amount for each day, and which foods.
      But for the intake sponge, I’m pretty stumped. My current intake is a sponge filter connected to the intake pipe, but it’s been clogging up once or twice a week due to how fine it is (and how messy my fish are). When it’s clogged, it puts strain on the canister filter’s motor, and that’s not good. I don’t trust her with cleaning it safely, plus I’m only paying her for 5 mins in the morning, and 5 at night. I’ve considered a mesh intake, but it looks like it could hurt a fish if it went past it quickly... plus I can’t check the size of the inside where the pipe could go as the only one I’ve found would have to be posted.
      Are there easy alternatives that I wouldn’t have to mod, or do intake sponges come in courser versions? (I haven’t checked).

Any input would be appreciated!

• edishrimp
      By edishrimp
      Hey guys!
      Just wondering if any of ya'll have experience keeping filter feeder shrimp? They're fairly common here although most of the LFS tend to stock lethargic specimens that seem to be on their last legs 😕 Just need some advice on how to spot and pick out healthy specimens for my community tank 😄  
      Also, anyone know where I could find the less common wood shrimp on steroids? Let me know 🙂 
      Common Wood Shrimp

Wood Shrimp's Buff Cousin, Vampire Shrimp

• revolutionhope
      By revolutionhope
      Hi folks,
      i have received some beautiful CRS from heavyD today and i have a situation with the current being too fast for the shrimp to swim very well in. I have the spraybar just below the surface and angled slightly up for maximum oxygenation but it still seems to be a little fast at the lower level of the tank, i can see moss swaying around and the shrimps being blown across somewhat when they try to swim. There is quite a "whirlpool" effect happening.
      Aside from replacing the canister with a smaller one; how does one go about lessening the current inside the tank? I thought of 2 solutions but I don't know how wellthey will do or exactly how to implement them -
      1)I could make more holes or make the holes larger in the spraybar?
      2) cover it with a stocking or sponge or something to slow down the water as it shoots out the holes in the spraybar.
      cheers
      love n peace
      will
    • neo-2FX
      By neo-2FX
      hey gurus,
      where can I get a decent RO filter?
    • revolutionhope
      By revolutionhope
      Hi all,
      thought i'd post a quick description of my experience with the fluval q2 "quiet pump"
      the pumps have 2 outputs and a great flow-rate for the price, i bought one of these and it was extremely quiet - i was very impressed, a few weeks later i got another one, fantastic! a few weeks later again and the older one had started vibrating and rattling, shortly after then so did the second quiet pump.
      I read up about it and saw someone mention something in another forum about how they discovered a loose screw inside the pump, i intended to take mine apart and look for said "loose screw" but didn't get around to it yet and have just put up with the noise. anyway i have since discovered 2 of the main screws on the bottom that hold the unit together had fallen out completely on one of them, and 1 screw has also fallen out on the other unit. im quite disappointed - i haven't gotten around to trying to fix the units yet and i'm optimistic that i can figure out how to "shut them up" but i'm still not happy that they have failed to meet expectations 1-2 months after purchase !
      BY COMPARISON -  my older schego m2k3 and WS series pump are incredible - soooo so quiet still, @ineke (and others) had recommended the schego brand in a thread here and i'm glad i followed their advice initially before i took my chance on the fluval pumps - i will stick with schego in future - well worth the extra cost for the low-noise and the quality!
      love n peace
      will
  • Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      Naww. Baby rams so cute! Great camera work Elkwatcher.
    • Elkwatcher
      I've tried numerous times starting with healthy green moss and ended up with mostly dingy brown green bunches.  It's just floating on it's own, tried lower light, lower temps, ferts not that it needs it as it can get it's nutrients from the fish poop.  I'll stick with Subwassertang and Christmas Moss for the shrimps to graze off of!    
    • Elkwatcher
      The Ram bebe's are growing!  There were over 100 to start in the main tank and I turkey basted a baker's dozen into my quarantine tank.  My first egg to fish experience.  I am culling the weakest and hope to get down to 10 as I would like to keep them.  I've read a good ratio is 3 females to 1 male for compatible mates?  I won't find that out until they are almost full grown unfortunately.  Now when they spawn I take the rock and scrape the eggs right into the Giant Danio tank, they seem to like caviar!  😁  When the fry have eaten enough live BBS they get wonderful pink bellies!
    • Elkwatcher
      @Steensj2004 I have older DSLR's.  A Canon 5D and 7DII    The 2 lens I use for Aquarium are 18-55mm and a 100mm macro.  I am still learning. 🙂
    • Steensj2004
      Fantastic pictures! What camera are you using!