And so it begins.... Unleashing the Beast

Foxpuppet

Really exciting new project.... Just turned over the first sod for commencement of excavations

f3c8c111571ae07feed1e4806a9399d1.jpg

e1e248b141cfc10c8cfc0f1e755edea5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the start of an idea that has been brewing for about 4-5 years. More updates to come as work ramps up.

Edited by Foxpuppet
  • Like 1

that's a bloody nice hole!

looks interesting... who's going in that bad boy? ☠️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buck said:

that's a bloody nice hole!

looks interesting... who's going in that bad boy? 2620.png

4 of these

{option}4596261597.jpg[/img]

Edited by Foxpuppet
  • Like 2

Engineering the floor! 

Something heavy going on it [emoji2]

Yep we've estimated somewhere in the vicinity of 1.2 tonne of extra weight will be on this section of floor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxpuppet said:

Yep we've estimated somewhere in the vicinity of 1.2 tonne of extra weight will be on this section of floor.

holy moly!

On 8 April 2016 at 3:19 AM, Disciple said:

holy moly!

well there is 540L in the tank. 

Glass is 15mm

sump hold another 200 or so L

Stand to support it all.

My ship sailed

30b0f7ab86719d088a3ad802b2573ceb.jpg

• Like 3

4c8bcd4d2a813c65614d2fe72cb10fe5.jpg

791cbb89fde7acea87ddaee80d3c03b0.jpg

92c0cad8d102629952355c6cf79d47c5.jpg

3c4e4e275eb0d32db079291eb357efa7.jpg

328364c547ce4a25372d3fe9760863f7.jpg

39fb49a7f8d528b6f705c51cc4a7e166.jpg

d376c6636d5f140be211ce32653fa058.jpg

0e74b5e3d3a6b5b8be2f53f8880ab064.jpg

c71f1d24d7660926b4d47085513ae005.jpg

That's all for now, I'm going to leave it mostly wrapped up until the next phase starts..... Or i get some hardscape materials.

I'm super happy with it and it looks stunning from the little bits of it ive seen.

• Like 5

Very sharp.

Edited by Grubs

Is it a pre-built tank or a custom built tank?

Low iron glass? or just normal glass?

The silicon finish seems top class from what I can see.

You have to tell us who built it and what they prices are.

2 hours ago, jayc said:
Is it a pre-built tank or a custom built tank?

Low iron glass? or just normal glass?

The silicon finish seems top class from what I can see.

You have to tell us who built it and what they prices are.

Custom built Komoda - had to wait 3 months for it be built and shipped

1500x600x600

15mm

Opticlear Low iron glass

Beveled edges to all sides

Even came with dark grey foam mat.

Silicone is ludicrously clean, I've not actually seen anything this neat in Cade, Ada or Fire. They really went above and beyond for this tank as a test run.

Perhaps with enough demand/interest they may make more this size.

f3eb914cded77f1a3aff194861c1fa97.jpg

just look at it!

https://vimeo.com/163976181

9aac51bd084ccd97f454e18657eb0f8d.jpg

8b5f2343e8bd678996e52fb5011669b2.jpg

couldn't resist shining some light into the cage

Edited by Foxpuppet
  • Like 7

Yeah that is great. I cant wait to see what you have planned for it.

• Like 1

Yeah that is great. I cant wait to see what you have planned for it.

Neither can I.... But need to get one first, too many ideas floating around now....

Suggestions anyone?

On 24/04/2016 at 6:46 PM, Foxpuppet said:

Silicone is ludicrously clean,

On 24/04/2016 at 6:46 PM, Foxpuppet said:

just look at it!

Yes, I noticed how neat the silicon finish was, that is why I asked.

Where is the builder located? PM me details please?

25 minutes ago, Foxpuppet said:

But need to get one first

Get what first? a plan?

Give the tank to me, I have plans... :smile:

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

Finished digging the foundation holes today and grabbed 10 bags of concrete to fill them up again

3bae3de925fbdc38606dc9c466f7ce36.jpg

6c3c44c20eab56645970b151e07329d4.jpg

Wow, now that's dedication. How did you ever manage to get approval lol

Asking Forgiveness is easier than asking permission!

Haha no, my wife was going to get me this tank and cabinet for our tenth anniversary, but the baby came first :) now I get to run the project myself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what do you have to do now?

Are you putting posts on the concrete or using bricks?

So what do you have to do now?

Are you putting posts on the concrete or using bricks?

I've got to add a second row of 4x2 timber to the existing joist to increase the load strength. then I'm using a product called uni-pier, it's a metal pier that's expandable up to 200mm to suit the correct height. You then bolt it at the desired length and presto, instant floor reinforcement. It leaves more room for access under there as that's where the chiller and tank emergency overflow drainage is going to be located.

5 hours ago, NoGi said:

I am so going to love this journal thread. 

And congrats on the anniversary.

haha thanks, but seeing how it's in january & months have past to get to this stage, this thread could go on for some time! i did however pay the deposit for the tank around that time ;)

Edited by Foxpuppet