hey guys

Magikarp

Hey guys, My names Nick and I am a 22yo apprentice electrician from Melbourne.

I've been fish keeping for just over a year now and am totally hooked. I started out with african cichlids in a 4x14x18 and got a bit bored and nearly quit then I decided to challenge myself and went out and got a 4x2x2 with plans for a planted discus tank, which is now on the back burner because I recently found love for shrimp. ATM I have 3 tanks cycling(4x2x2, 2.5ft quarantine tank and 2ft shrimp tank) and I cant wait. My plans for the near future are to start a nice CRS colony and breed something to help subsidize my fish keeping. My discus tank is going to be a slow and planned tank so I get it right the first time, hopefully lol.

Thanks. Im making a trip to EA later today to get some substrate and maybe some hardscape so hopefully setup my first shrimp tank.

Thanks. Im making a trip to EA later today to get some substrate and maybe some hardscape so hopefully setup my first shrimp tank.

Hey mate welcome to SKF, Don't be surprised if your discus tank ends up another Shrimp tank lol.

Love EA, ain't been there in awhile but it's an awesome shop. Have a chat with wolfgang when you're in there the guys a plant/scape genius

Enjoy.

P.S - Gotta catch em all, Poke'mon !

G'day Nick, and welcome to SKF. One of the hardest things for people to do when going into shrimp is to start small and easy, don't rush , and have patience. By small!, I mean start your shrimp keeping with Cherries( a lot cheaper and hardier than crystals)Don't Rush!, LEARN the ART of shrimp keeping( with cherries)first. Be Patient !The Higher level shrimp will come in time, they are really not for beginners unless you have very deep pockets filled with lots of $$$$$$ If you can maintain the three proposals above then one day in the distant future you might be able to make a buck or two from your shrimp, ENJOY!

Welcome to SFK. +1 to your fish tanks converting to shrimp only once the bug bites. LOL

Be sure to share some photos, we also have a small fish section where you can talk Discus :applause:

Welcome to SKF mate..... I am a fellow discus lover and had some really good ones but i traded them for shrimp.... yep once the bug bits it bits hard...lol.... Yes slow and steady wins the race when it comes to shrimp mate.... Or should I say saves your $$$$$$$.... Enjoy the site mate....

Hey mate welcome to SKF' date=' [b']Don't be surprised if your discus tank ends up another Shrimp tank lol. Love EA, ain't been there in awhile but it's an awesome shop. Have a chat with wolfgang when you're in there the guys a plant/scape genius Enjoy.P.S - Gotta catch em all, Poke'mon !
Haha, Im already contemplating it.
G'day Nick, and welcome to SKF. One of the hardest things for people to do when going into shrimp is to start small and easy, don't rush , and have patience. By small!, I mean start your shrimp keeping with Cherries( a lot cheaper and hardier than crystals)Don't Rush!, LEARN the ART of shrimp keeping( with cherries)first. Be Patient !The Higher level shrimp will come in time, they are really not for beginners unless you have very deep pockets filled with lots of $$$$$$ If you can maintain the three proposals above then one day in the distant future you might be able to make a buck or two from your shrimp, ENJOY!
Thanks for the advise, my only problem is my "get it done" attitude. Went and got some stuff from A shop over the weekend. He is a top guy to deal with.20121117_235055.jpgIts my first attempt at anything planted so be nice lol