Sign in to follow this  
bort

brown spot disease ?

bort

Just found this guy dead tonight. Yesterday he was fine.

20160321_210118.thumb.jpg.9bbe2cfb18e0d9

Now i found another alive, but has discoloration and some stuff on him near the tail. Quarantined now.

20160321_220015.thumb.jpg.dd7ab03751fcd6

The rest seem to be doing fine as far as i can see.

I have some hydrogen peroxide 3% and melafix in hand atm. Or should i not use either and get some better meds ?

KeenShrimp

Hi Bort,

Have you checked all your water parameters? The stuff on the back is unmolted shell- the shedded skin on pandas have that brown tint naturally. It appears more  of a moulting issue. 

Brown spot disease looks different to your pic.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• revolutionhope
      By revolutionhope
      hey skf,
      I know that nitrifying bacteria begin to die off at lower pH levels but I wonder whether nitrfying bacteria can suffer from pH shock/stress.
      For example if I have a live filter in a tank with pH 7,5 or 8 or more even and I then place the-filter in a tank with pH 6 (or if I did this the other way around say) would this cause significant die-off of the nitrifying bacteria?

love n peace
      will

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• sdlTBfanUK
      I would imagine that the crabs will eat dead shrimps, even shrimps eat dead other shrimps, as they are both scavengers. Not sure that they would attack a live shrimp but it is probably best t keep a close eye on what happens before getting any more of either shrimps or crabs for that tank! Simon
    • Grubs
      I think the live shrimp will be fine.  The micro-crabs are delicate creatures taking advantage of a rotting corpse. I'm sure the crabs will enjoy the protein.  Ordinarily I avoid feeding dead livestock to other livestock to prevent transmission of disease or unknown parasites although I will say as a shrimpkeeper the temptation is strong. 😄
    • kms
      Yesterday I put a 3 new shrimps in the tank, and one dead shrimp that was DOA in the bag, nothing happened to the 3 shrimps, but the dead shrimp was swarmed by 3 crabs as food, would you presumed the live shrimps might get attacked soon or later.
    • Lizzy
      Thanks so much for all the info guys. I’m very appreciative!  I’ll update once I get the RO going. Fingers crossed I don’t kill them all 😅 I’m really hoping this will encourage more breeding. In saying that, I have 3 berried as of the last week, which is pretty exciting. 
    • jayc
      No! It's like salt. Does salt go off? Unless moisture and water has got into the container, it should last until the container disintegrates.   Add a bit of Salty Shrimp GH+ into the RO water (go slow), stir it in, until  it reaches 150 TDS. Keep measuring with the TDS meter you are getting. Doesn't have to be exactly 150 as Simon said.    If you have the tools for it and the patience, that is the best way. Or if you are like me, impatient, I add 25% of the new change water back into the tank every 20-30 minutes. So over the span of 2hours or so.