Sign in to follow this  
wayne6442

THE AXE HAS FALLEN!!!

nolanlll

Nice to see u ,Wayne,

those cross breed is bigger now and come up with 80 % brown unattractive color , 10 % pale yellow and 10 % pale red

i try to use these to cross breed with my original yellow again and see how it goes ~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      ph dropping is part of the nitrogen cycle. That means the bacteria is doing it's thing. A water change with higher pH water is necessary now to avoid the cycle stalling. The prawn growing fur is also normal, as it is decomposing, and fungi are starting to break it down. Let the biofilm grow as that will be part of the shrimp's diet once you add some in. If it's hindering your view, scrape it off the front glass only, but don't syphon it out. The dislodged biofilm from the front glass will settle somewhere else in the tank.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Its good to hear that the fur growing on the shrimp is 'normal', I may leave them in until thursdays usual maintenance day then. Todays readings are as before nitrate 25, ammonia and nitrite 0! I could get someone to get me some duckweek from the lake but I remember how hard it was to get rid of it before, so am a bit reluctant to go that route, but it should bring the nitrates down a bit??? You should leave the biofilm in the tank, the shrimps will thoroughly enjoy that when they get into that tank. Simon
    • sdlTBfanUK
      As you are aiming for TDS150 and the tank is near that now at 147 you just make the new water up to near as you can TDS150 and if you keep topping up with pure RO water between changes this would be the normal routine from now. Getting a new TDS meter was the right thing to do as they are cheap enough and hopefully it will be more accurate? As someone said before, you can get a rough idea of whether the TDS reading is right by doing a GH test as using RO water and remineraliser those figures should be related. Probably best to test some mineralised water before you put it in the tank though! Good that you haven't lost any more shrimps, hopefully that continues and all should be straight forward now. Simon
    • jc12
      Thank you. Yeah they are great quality discus of German lineage. Due to family and young kids, I was not able to devote my time to them as much as I would like to so I have since sold them back to the person who sold them to me in the first place. He has been a discus breeder for many years so I know he will look after them well and keep their progeny going within Australia. Thank you. This rack is still running but I am planning to strip it all down, move it to the garage and set it all up again.
    • supermansteve32
      Okay so I haven't done a water change in weeks because I thought the TDS needed to get closer to 150 before changing and my TDS meter continually kept reading 108 to 114. Sho I went and bought a new TDS meter and it's different from my old one.  The new one vs my old one: my water in tank 147 vs 103, water using the correct salty shrimp mix to RO water 88 vs 66. So I'm going with the reading on my new TDS meter.  So it's time for a water change.  Should I replace the water with the 88 TDS or put some more mix in until it's above 100 (since CRS parameters should be 100-200)? Thanks again everyone