Edi's low tech fluval edge

edi

Hi new here, but not new to shrimp keeping, about 4 years ago I decommissioned all my tanks x3, when we had our first kid... :5565bf06e1a5b_dont_talk_to_me:still have all my gear sitting in the garage ready for when I have more time.

Last xmas I decide I wanted to start a low tech easy to maintain tank. Always wanted a fluval edge as its clean looks and would look great as a centre piece in the dining room.

Equipment
Tank: Fluval edge 27L
Filter: Stock Aquaclear 20
Light: Stock 21 LED... thinking of upgrading to the 42 LED but will wait and see.
Substrate: Fluval Plant & Shrimp Stratum... maybe bad choice, have been reading it stops buffering after 6months... should have went with ada

Flora
Peacock moss
Us fissidens
Subwassertang

Still to come Star moss true aquatic, Anubias nana petite.

Hardscape
Mix of Dragon rock, Lava rocks, Mineral balls, Alder cones.

Stock
Started out with 5 yellow cherrys when tank was cycled... now have 20, and 10 CRS was added last week :excited:

Here is the tank after 3 months... will be adding more moss in the coming weeks and can't wait for the moss to fill out. 

The little opening of the fluval edge has been a pain to move stuff around and to work with...... so I am tempted to start up my 30 cube as well, multi-tank here I come.

tank.jpg

yellows.jpg

crs2.jpg

TB.jpg

• Like 1

Nice tank. And Good photos too.

What camera kit are you using?

@jayc The full size tank pic was taken with a fujifilm x100s, and the shrimp close up was taken with a point and shoot fuji XF1 in macro mode :P

Ideally I would be to using my Olympus OMD with a 60mm macro, but still looking to buy that lens.

Thanks for the comments.

Very nice.

I like how you have started your journal. Looking forward to updates.

great pics! they make mine look like i used a potato haha looks like a neat set up! 

Hahahah @buck I'd only wish I had a rack like yours :P

Dropped in a mulberry leave today, our new house has two trees.

Tomorrow should have some cholla wood delivered will tie some more moss around it and fill in the space next to the rock.

25448119116_6b85a43dc3_b.jpg25381388221_37ac7aa861_b.jpg24847539803_ef1f0403a7_b.jpg

• Like 1