Higher GH than what I want

larrymull

Hi guys,

My GH has been around 8 for the last few weeks, a month. I have brought my TDS down from 205 to 175 and I am still seeing the GH at 8, numerous water changes have happened with RO water etc.

All other parameters are in check.

Any thoughts how I can get the GH down (besides the obvious water changes)? I haven't seen many moults either.

Cheers.

@larrymull

I don't think there are many other methods. Keep at it by reducing the TDS with RO water.

I assume you are using RO or even rain water. Use less Salty Shrimp. Your new water should be around 130 TDS at every water change.

I would suggest using the method that Jayc has mentioned. This is what I did when my wp was out of whack after my holidays. I did weekly water changes of around 15 to 20% and remineralised the water 75% of what I usually do. for example I keep my tds for my tigers at 180 to 200 so I remineralised the RO water to about 150.

The other option you have is to put the shrimp into a bucket and drain the tank and refill with water to the exact wp that you are aiming for. Once the tank has cleared up you acclimatise the shrimp back into the tank.

• Like 1