Who has info on the QLD Zebra shrimp?

KeenShrimp

Hi SKF,

The Zebras look like awesome little shrimp. Does anyone have info on the parameters for these guys? Also, if the water params are compatible, will they interbreed with CRS or any other natives? I have looked at past forum threads and it looks like Northboy and Fishmosy are the leading authorities on these. Is anyone selling some of these? If anyone has Northboy's email address, could you please PM me?

As far as I know, they won't interbreed. Water parameters are about the same as the ones for the caridina cantonensis. They seem to appreciate low KH and low TDS.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Northboy for you.

They won't interbreed but the water parameters for Zebras are different to CRS. That is, you can't keep both in the same tank.

Zebras need low, low TDS. Like 40.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply guys. I guess the question then is: are 5 shrimp tanks in a lounge too many? ;) Wow, a TDS of 40 is super low, its a shame, the lowest I can go is 110 in my CRS tank.

Keenshrimp, low TDS is a must. I tried to put them together CRS with TDS 110-120 turned out they all died. I bought them from Northboy though.

Thank you Albash, I will then give these cuties a miss for now as I will need a dedicated new setup that is mature for these little ones- much to the relief of my non- shrimping other half. 

• Like 1