If I fill a.....

John.

If one was to put 100 S Grade CRS together, and let them breed as they want, would they produce s grades only, or would it eventually be full of lower grades too?

Sounds like an interesting project.

IMO - You will get drops of S grade, lower grades such as A and B's and perhaps some higher grades as well (SS or even a few SSS if you're lucky ;) ).

Really depends on the genetic background of the shrimps you will be putting together ..........

You would be better off selecting the best specimens you raise from each drop and breed them together to maintain the quality of your shrimp colony

All the best with the project

agree with Pappyy3, i also think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that can/will sell 100 S grade crs that are actually S grade. and even then i can guarantee they will produce a mix of offspring as 98% of shrimp people keep there tanks with a mix of grades.

Thanks Guys, I guess some Quality A grades would suffice ;-) it'd also allow me to start with a larger colony for the same outlay :-)

I started with B grade's and the B Grade females are regularly putting out A-SS quality. even with crappy parents i seem to get great offspring. i believe the water quality has a lot to answer for, also the genetics of the shrimp. i have some culls from others that must have come from higher grade parents but look B-A grade but again regularly throw S+ v band, Tigertooth with nice white and Deep Red.