new from Coffs Harbour.

fish4fish3

I have just started to get into shrimp and have myself a few hundred cherry shrimp.

I originally bought 200 of them to raise up and use as feeders for all my fish. Then I swapped 20 females for males with a mate and started a mix blood line tank for around 30 of the best females and these males.

After a couple weeks I aquired a nano tank. Set it up with a couple anubias and christmas moss to house 5 of the top 30 females and 3 of the best males from the mixed blood tank.

Its paying of cause the shrimplets just born are golden at day old instead of clear like the feeders.

May look into something a little more challenging now I have caught a shrimping bug!

And has anyone heard of red eggs on them? you can see them in the pics below.

Golden shrimplets best of the best berried W red eggs

post-29-139909846948_thumb.jpgpost-24-139909846953_thumb.jpgpost-696-139909846958_thumb.jpg

Cheers Roman

post-523-139909857891_thumb.jpg

post-523-139909857896_thumb.jpg

post-523-1399098579_thumb.jpg

Welcome to SKF.

Shrimp are rather additive. Won't be long and you'll be selling off fish to use their tanks for a new shrimp tank lol.

Sorry I can't enlarge your pictures bigger than the little thumbnails so can't comment on your egg question.

Hope you enjoy the place

I can't enlarge your pics also, but once you start mixing and matching cherries' s hang on it really gets addictive, ENJOY!!

bump 10 characters... like to see what else is on the site now... Thank you

Hi and welcome to SKF a great forum. Yes it is a very addictive hobby but very enjoyable as well. So many variants not enough tanks is the norm. I can't see your pics properly either.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to SKF

Finding it hard to make out the top left photo (reflection)

Good luck with the cherries