Magic Reds and Stunning Blacks

Baccus

Not strictly the best of my reds, but they where mostly crammed around one of the plants in easy focus range for the camera. Some of the girls are really showing amazing clarity in their red.

P1110718_zpscy5a8ckt.jpg

This girl would have to be one of the best blacks I currently have, I know there is at least 5 similar girls in the tank but they are not all that obliging in coming within camera range even with the bribery of food. At least one of the girls I know is berried so I have my fingers crossed she throws some more stunning black babies.

I think the glossiness of her shell is what really takes my breath away, that and the undertones of blue like a male jaracini finch in sunlight.

P1110704_zpssphywabe.jpg

P1110699_zpseoz5bukd.jpg

P1110730_zpszm8xojrr.jpg

P1110737_zpswdjbrzys.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, when you see them under the right light and they have a nice shell like that it's very satisfying.

Nice blue undertone for sure!

Once I've got my second tank setup I really want to have dark blue cherries (and better yellows).

Beautiful shrimp and thanks for sharing 

Thanks.

Just because she has been obliging and within camera range and because she is such a little stunner some more pictures. I quite like her little white knees too.

P1110773_zpsdukyvtl8.jpg

P1110752_zpsj0wxs5du.jpg

P1110749_zpspmyz8tk0.jpg

• Like 2

What I am quite excited about is I think there is at least 5 blacks like this one (possibly all female), probably another 4 very dark chocolate females and what I think is one male that seems a very dark chocolate. I have also seen a couple of babies that might turn out to be black.

Once I can get more certain blacks I plan to remove the few chocolates and then progress from there.

Great Shrimp and a great plan. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

Either the blacks are not breeding or they are only throwing wild type babies, since that is the only colour I keep finding in the tank. So far I don't think I have seen even one of the female black cherry shrimp berried. The only other option is that they are throwing the odd black baby but they are staying hidden in the plant life and in the various logs and hollow rocks.

P1120049_zpskf3yjc4q.jpg