"Thats a huge rack" - The journal

_OnTheRocks

So finally finding the time to post a quick intro and progress of my previous / current tanks.

I've been into planted tanks for the past couple years but I'm slowly drifting away and focusing more on shrimp. They're just a lot more fun to look at. haha

I don't want to photobomb you all with pictures so I'll just post pictures of my current shrimp tanks.

My selective breeding cubes:
1bbe2c43-6f84-4959-9e90-4912c39525fe_zps

and my newest rack and tanks.

image_zpsygvprrfp.jpeg

image_zps4xu13xtr.jpeg

Yes, those are 40 breeders... I originally purchased my storage rack with the intentions of building custom rimless tanks with a shallow footprint (36x18x12) but I couldn't pass up the dollar per gallon sale at petco so I left the store with 4, after just wanting to "look at them". haha

I plan to mirror both bottom tanks with each other, most likely with a large piece of driftwood covered in coral moss.

The top tanks will be divided into maybe 2 or 3 sections so I can house multiple species and get rid of my selective breeding cubes.

I'm still debating on how I want the filtration set up. I will probly run 2 canister filters on the bottom tanks in conjuction with a UGF and the top tanks will be just the standard dual sponge filters. I'm always open to suggestions as well smile.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hey dude looks like a nice set up, don't be shy with the pics photo bomb away!