Rookie mistake

larrymull

A rookie mistake on a hot melbourne day (it was above 40 degrees yesterday). My tanks got a little too hot yesterday as I closed the door to where I keep them and thus prevented the air conditioning hitting that room. As a result a couple of TB female shrimp deaths and to make matters worse when I got home I left the lid off my breeding external box to give the water more air/oxygen. This morning I woke up and found 2 TB's had tried to make a run for it and had jumped out of the breeding box and were dead on the floor.

Great thing about keeping shrimp is that you learn the lessons the hard way!

14 minutes ago, neo-2FX said:

That's unfortunate mate. You've learnt the hard way now and you won't do it again!

Don't i know it, now looking for a couple of female TB's to fill my void.

only a couple of degrees over but I think it was more the fact it was for a sustained time, in the breeding box it may have got even hotter as the lid was initially closed.

Sucks to lose shrimp in general but losing a few females really hurts.

Keep your head up. We have all done very silly things and I am sure you will recover very quickly.

5 minutes ago, Disciple said:

Sucks to lose shrimp in general but losing a few females really hurts.

Keep your head up. We have all done very silly things and I am sure you will recover very quickly.

I have plenty of juvies, just need them to grow a little quicker now.

1 hour ago, DemonCat said:

I did not know that shrimp are jumpers!?

me either but no other way they could have got out.

i am sorry for your loss [emoji22] thats terrible. but reading the forums like this has taught me something more valuable than personal experience o.O if you can believe it.

read everything.

reading things like this teaches me that shrimp are jumpers dont leave shrimp uncovered.

there is an answer for everything out there already. just gota look for it [emoji1365]

i am sorry for your loss [emoji22] thats terrible. but reading the forums like this has taught me something more valuable than personal experience o.O if you can believe it.

read everything.

reading things like this teaches me that shrimp are jumpers dont leave shrimp uncovered.

there is an answer for everything out there already. just gota look for it [emoji1365]

• Like 1