Sign in to follow this  
NoGi

RO Units from Filter Systems Australia

NoGi

Hi All,

In addition to the RO unit FSA generously donated to SKF for the Christmas comp, they are willing to offer a 5% discount on purchases for SKF members. You just need to place the order by phone and mention the discount. For online orders use the following code: SKF5.

Any issues let me know.

FSA are also very keen to get feedback on their products. I encourage any FSA product owners to write up a review here: 

http://skfaquatics.com/forum/articles/product-reviews/

FSA_Platinum.png

• Like 6

s1l3nt

Woo! Great to have you guys on board FSA! Great customer service from Cody at FSA earlier today (I upgraded my prize to the one with drinking water so I knocked out two birds with one stone as our tap water is pretty bad tasting).

I will be doing a write up and review of my unit once it arrives, big thanks to FSA once again for putting that up as a prize! So keep your eyes out everyone who is on the fence :)

• Like 3

Getafix

Awesome stuff FSA I'll order one tomorrow.

Geo

Hi all, 

Saw the discount available and went ahead and bought the $155 dollar RO unit. Cody was very helpful and explained that it also includes a DI resin.

Do I need to do anything besides remineralising it with the DI to make the water safe for shrimp?

Planning to use seachem equilibrium for remineralising.

• Like 2

NoGi

I'd be interested in knowing too as I may go down this path. I already have salty shrimp to remineralise mine. How are you guys storing the water? Store and then mineralise on use or mineralise and then store?

• Like 1

OzShrimp

I have a big 220litre container my ro water is stored in then its remineralised per bucket before adding to tank

revolutionhope
Hi all, 

Saw the discount available and went ahead and bought the $155 dollar RO unit. Cody was very helpful and explained that it also includes a DI resin.

Do I need to do anything besides remineralising it with the DI to make the water safe for shrimp?

Planning to use seachem equilibrium for remineralising.

remineralising is all yp6u need to do

do you have a tds meter? if you do hVe a tds meter then as your filter gets older test the tds and if your RO water is reading 0 or juzt a few ppm then no water treatment is needed. if it creeps up then you might need to add a conditioner as such. (better off replacing cartridges - fsa has a cheap multi-cartridge replacement pack available for this unit)

you may wish to add a blackwater extract anyway because it can help to replicate shrimps environments better. (using plenty of leaves and woods will achieve the same effect as blackwater though). i use a cheaper brand blackwater additive as per jayc's recommendations. just fyi jayc calculated his own diy remin mix based on seachem equilibrium.

hope that answers your question or helps in some way!

love n peace

will

Geo

Just a quck note, Have been using the fsa ro system for a few days now. Does exactly what it claims to do (zero tds) and easy to install (literally plug n play)

• Like 1

jayc

@Filter Systems Australia

tried to add a review on your website for the GT1-70DIALK, but couldn't.

Kept saying the "Review Summary can't be empty".

I'll paste my review here for later, and when you get it fixed, I can paste it on your webpage.

"Excellent RO/DI system. Produces 0 (zero) TDS water which is a perfect base for Softwater fish and Shrimps. 
Service is excellent and the Staff are friendly at FSA.  Pick up a TDS meter and pH pen from the "Filtration Component" section while you are at it. These are two essential tools for any aquarist."

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

NoGi

@jayc added in our review section for you:

Filter Systems Australia

Hi JayC

Sorry about that,

We are transitioning some things on the website and I'm not sure what the issue is with the review system.

I have put your review in our files for when it is fixed.
Cheers

On 05/08/2016 at 5:04 PM, jayc said:

@Filter Systems Australia

tried to add a review on your website for the GT1-70DIALK, but couldn't.

Kept saying the "Review Summary can't be empty".

I'll paste my review here for later, and when you get it fixed, I can paste it on your webpage.

"Excellent RO/DI system. Produces 0 (zero) TDS water which is a perfect base for Softwater fish and Shrimps. 
Service is excellent and the Staff are friendly at FSA.  Pick up a TDS meter and pH pen from the "Filtration Component" section while you are at it. These are two essential tools for any aquarist."

jayc
20 minutes ago, Filter Systems Australia said:

Sorry about that

No need to apologise. Just some friendly feedback.

• Like 1

NoGi

Good news all, you can now apply the discount online. Use the following code: SKF5

• Like 1