water parameters

revolutionhope

Can people please share their experiences with tigers in terms of what water parameters have worked best for them? It's hard to find a good source for tiger WP.

One thing I would like to clarify - from what I've read they seem to be tolerant of slightly higher temps than bee shrimp if I'm not mistaken?

Any input would be great :-)

love n peace

will

Below is a really good video of how to set up a tank for tigers. Gives a lot of good information about WP. If I ever reset my tank I would do it the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NErF4ZuWTrs

My WP are 7.2 ph 180 tds temp 24

I use RO water and remineralise using SS GH+.

• Like 2

That's a good intro vid thanks D :-) I wonder how does it differ to your setup?

I'm surprised that he says they devour IAL. My CRS and neos devour mulberry leaves but rarely munch IAL.

1 hour ago, revolutionhope said:

I'm surprised that he says they devour IAL. My CRS and neos devour mulberry leaves but rarely munch IAL.

Pretty much the only difference is the soil I used ADA which seems to have lost its buffering ability and he has inert sand that is lighter in colour. The difference in the colour of the substrate makes it easier to see the higher grade OEBT.

Pretty much the only difference is the soil I used ADA which seems to have lost its buffering ability and he has inert sand that is lighter in colour. The difference in the colour of the substrate makes it easier to see the higher grade OEBT.

how are you maintaining pH now?

I dont do anything its exactly where i want it. lol

1 minute ago, revolutionhope said:

how are you maintaining pH now?

interesting. using ro water and a saltyshrimp product? nothing else to alter water chemistry? (wood and leaves i guess?) and it is at 7.2 pH?

yea my CRS take time to eat the IAL, where do you get your mulberry leaves from?

I'm hoping to grow my own asap - have been luxky enough to acquire some from a couple of other breeders but I've nearly ran out and i want more more more;!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, revolutionhope said:

interesting. using ro water and a saltyshrimp product? nothing else to alter water chemistry? (wood and leaves i guess?) and it is at 7.2 pH?

Yes as I mentioned my soil seems to have stopped buffering so the PH just right.

cool ! sorry for dumb questions but when you mix your RO with ss gh+ is the pH 7.2? mine seemed to be 6.4

I haven't checked that before to tell you the truth. Probably should though haha.

I always drip my water change back slowly anyway so I have not had a issue if they was a difference in wp. So far.