White glove female

BRISSY

Nice. how are you keeping your Sulawesi?

I notice your tank appears to have no substrate? Or was the shrimp on the wall of the tank and the photo is rotated?

They are very easy to keep, as long as you buy late generation tank bred. Be careful who you buy from, early generation/WC are very easy to kill ;). 

I keep mine in a 120L 2ft tank, with a mix of inert sand and scoria as the substrate. I also have lava rocks and algae growing. I have 3 different species in there together. If anyone is looking for some send me a message and I'll see what I can do. 

For this photo I caught the shrimp and put it in an acrylic box. 

1 minute ago, BRISSY said:

They are very easy to keep, as long as you buy late generation tank bred. Be careful who you buy from, early generation/WC are very easy to kill ;). 

I keep mine in a 120L 2ft tank, with a mix of inert sand and scoria as the substrate. I also have lava rocks and algae growing. I have 3 different species in there together. If anyone is looking for some send me a message and I'll see what I can do. 

For this photo I caught the shrimp and put it in an acrylic box. 

What are the other two species if you dont mind me asking? 

So they don't cross breed? I have 4 white gloves but not breeding at all. Hope they aren't all male [emoji20] Can't afford anymore atm.

large.12082253_10153690346168829_1785559

Edited by NoGi
  • Like 2

Yes most of them you can mix without cross breeding. It is hard to tell males/females until they are mature. At least I find it hard hahaha. Very nice specimen by the way!

• Like 1

@BRISSY, have you been able to breed them yet? Would be interested in hearing about their breeding lifecycle in terms of time. Also, what are you feeding yours?

@BRISSY and @Mark49,

you guys should pool your resources together and write an article on keeping Sulawesi.

Water parameters, food, etc. Whatever you know about this species.

This would be a great contribution to not only SKF but the community as a whole.

• Like 2

@NoGi Yes mine are breeding. Although it varies from species to species, white gloves seem to be the easiest. For breeding, I havent kept track of any dates or anything like that, so I only know from other people that the female is berried for 3-4 weeks. 

Edit (almost forgot the food :P). You can feed them any low protein shrimp foods. I feed barley straw and snow as well as mosura occasionally. Mainly they eat algae. 

@jayc I'm not all that experienced with them, and often asking other people to help me so I'm probably not the best person. In saying that, in a few weeks time I may do a write up on how my tank is set up. There are so many ways to set up sula tanks, each one I see is different I think hahaha. 

Edited by BRISSY
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...