Sign in to follow this  
albash

Help - mysterious death

albash

Hi guys,

Please help! I'm encountering some CRS death over few weeks in one of my tanks. I just scoop one this morning (photo 2) and it was very pale.

Tank uses benibachi soil and RO. Put AIL and alder cones.

pH:6.3; Temp: 23C; gH:7; kH: 0, ammonia: 0; nitrite: 15ppm, TDS:125

I feed glasgarten bacter AE, glasgarten immunoglutan, shrimpydaddy's sinewy, shirakura and benibachi baby food

Symptom I observed that they show translucent body (photo 1, the middle one) - is this a disease or malnutrition?

Occasionally I blanch some green vegie to them - could pesticide kill them even after thorough clean and blanch?

Thing that puzzle me I have another tank (I keep carbon rili mix with CRS) that have same configuration as the tank where I get dead CRS but have no casualty over months.

Please some input and advice

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

Edited by albash

jayc
1 hour ago, albash said:

nitrite: 15ppm,

Nitrite 15ppm ?

Is this Nitrite or Nitrate?

If it's nitrite, then that's your problem. 

albash

It's nitrate Jayc.

Do you think Purigen would be a suspect too?

revolutionhope

i have almost zero experience with bee shrimp but it looks more likely to be a bacterial infection. im 99% sure it is not malnutrition.

NoGi

Mine went translucent when they were stressed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MSV
      By MSV
      One of my blue bolt youngsters has gotten this odd parasite or something attached to its shell.
      The shrimp itself is very lethargic and I don't expect it to survive, so I've isolated it from the tank.
      However, I'm baffled about what this may be. I've tried 3 salt baths without any result and now I'm trying a mix of Esha Exit and 2000 just to see if it will make the damn thing fall off the shrimp.
      Does anyone here has some good guesses or knows what it is?

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      But the shrimp will be thinking otherwise. Look at all that yummy brown diatom!
    • jayc
      I am old school like that too. I prefer the classics patterns/colours. And I try very hard to not create further hybrids. I want my CRS to be CRS. My tigers to be tigers. etc...   @kms, all the more to support the site and sign up as a paid member.   @Cesar, what's the deal now with the new forum update? Has the photo size limits been changed, and if so what is the max for regular members?
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Thanks for that, it helps to know that it is probably going to be fine with time. I tried a different substrate this tie so that is all I can put it down too! I will revert to the JBL in future as this hasn't happened with that? I don't use any plant ferttilisers, and as above have never had to with the JBL substrate. The JBL is primarily a plant substrate and the shrimp king is primarily a shrimp one I guess, though they both seem to do the same buffering /softening etc? There will be a bit of a delay with breeding I expect as they don't mature until they are 6 months I believe? Again, thanks for that, it helps to know what someone else thinks and the tank has improved (hard to believe from the photos) going a bit greener and the stringy algae virtually now disappeared. Also a few new leaves on some plants etc. I just checked the water parameters and they are spot on! Simon
    • kms
      The new update has reduce the photo size to 1.67MB for me, and all the photo taken with my phone is over. My pinto only cost less that GBP 4, as for the Red Wine, its 5 for GBP 10.20, any extra Red Wine will be GBP 2 if more than 5 is purchased.
    • Grubs
      New tanks often go through a brown diatom phase and its just a waiting game before the diatoms naturally senesce.  Ride it out. The shrimp will certainly help clean it up and I'd wager that diatom rich biofilm is good nutrition.  You'll have shrimp breeding before you know it.  There is certainly a good complex variety of habitat for them to explore and exploit. Are you using any plant fertilisers yet?