Opae Ula

shrimpaholich

Just now, shrimpaholich said:

aw dang. that means a trip to the store again :(

why? if its the water you will need it anyway to fill your tank up. tap water shouldnt be used, even with a dechlorinated tapwater.

scratch the store then, if i need 40 gallons of RO to fill it anyway im just gona get a unit. i think they are $64 or 65

i have the salt already. enough for 20gal of full strength seawater- so in a 40gal tank 1/2 strenght

:O i have a sea glass collection too!! can i put that in there for decoration!?

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for the videos guys. At first I thought they were cherry shrimp.

Would love to see some macro photo's of these guys. Is that their wild/native colour?

27 minutes ago, NoGi said:

Wow, thanks for the videos guys. At first I thought they were cherry shrimp.

Would love to see some macro photo's of these guys. Is that their wild/native colour?

They vary from deep red all the way down to pale pink and now and again white (pretty rare). they are about a 3rd of the size of a cherry shrimp but what they lack in size they make up in life span, living for 20 years is achievable :5565bf0371061_D:

• Like 1

i read a thread about one guys experience and he had some for 22 years totally possible

got my RO unit yesterday! going down to the basement in a few minuets to start getting water! :5565bf0371061_D:

4 minutes ago, shrimpaholich said:

got my RO unit yesterday! going down to the basement in a few minuets to start getting water! :5565bf0371061_D:

Sounds good! Make sure you read about how to keep the filters healthy and what parts need replacing and when, you don't want it to start giving out bad water.

thanks mech! while i run it for the first hour or two ill do some research. all that water will be no good for the tank anyway

:( im sorry to hear that. i just bought it anyway lol. and because there is the waste im just gona tell her its super water for the plants lol

:( im sorry to hear that. i just bought it anyway lol. and because there is the waste im just gona tell her its super water for the plants lol

mmm super-metallic chlorinated goodness yum yum (pretends to be a plant feasting on RO waste water) in all seriousness though it kinda is a super water in a way.

enjoy your RO machine it is well worth it you'll never regret making that choice i am ever so glad i got one.

it maybe obvious to many but i have to add that k'm certain it wouldn't be the best idea to use waste for potted plants or similar because of the potential to concentrate high levels of micro-nutrients - unless you are regularly watering until significant run-off occurs.

love n peace

will

I actually use the waste as filtered drinking water [emoji14]

• 2 weeks later...

not yet :( i need to find a place to put my "stand". where i was going to put it, isnt going to work. 

its just a little too big for the space. i might be able to make something work though. we'll see what happens in the next few days. just gota get creative :chicken_kool: