Taiwan Bee Grading

• HOF Member

The trouble with Bluebolts of all grades is their colour is variable even in a 24 hour period. I can check my tank and some are almost white with just a hint of blue on their faces, later the same day some can be a very intense blue but others remain pale. I'm not the only one this happens to as I have discussed it with other breeders so it's hard to say what grade a Bluebolt is. AND females berried are usually much darker than not berried.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Calling out for the following photos for our community chart:

• Blue Bolt – cull
  • Red Bolt – cull, low, medium, high
  • Ruby Red – low
  • Red Wine – low, high
  • King Kong – cull, low
  • Panda - cull, low, medium, high
  • Blue Panda – cull
  • Hulk - cull

• 1 year later...

Was just checking back at this chart today and it appears that the two king kong pictures are the wrong way round - the one with the more white should be lower grade than the one with a tiny bit of white.

15 hours ago, Jo said:

Was just checking back at this chart today and it appears that the two king kong pictures are the wrong way round - the one with the more white should be lower grade than the one with a tiny bit of white.

Not my area of specialty but if someone can confirm, I can fix it up.

• 1 month later...

It true. Less white KK equals higher grade KK, awesome job btw!!!

• 2 years later...
On 12/4/2015 at 3:30 PM, ineke said:

The trouble with Bluebolts of all grades is their colour is variable even in a 24 hour period. I can check my tank and some are almost white with just a hint of blue on their faces, later the same day some can be a very intense blue but others remain pale. I'm not the only one this happens to as I have discussed it with other breeders so it's hard to say what grade a Bluebolt is. AND females berried are usually much darker than not berried.

This is very true, but I’m pretty sure the areas of white and blue don’t actually change right? So the areas of color will not change but the depth of brightness of those colors will? 

• Like 1