Caridina Mariae Grading

NoGi

I dont know the TT does not look right. The OEBT looks awesome lol

TT.thumb.jpg.91c5ccb449d4a136c7fa08beb0f  

I dont know less golden I guess.

Edited by Disciple

• NoGi featured and pinned this topic

Heres a question: Are blonde tigers their own 'type' of tiger or just a 'low' or 'cull' grade blue tiger?

I would hope they are their own 'type' but then a good grade blonde tiger would have little colour, kinda the opposite to the grading for the blue tiger.

I keep mine at 7ph, 180 tds 7 gh 2kh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, I need some photos now to start filling in the chart.

Shrimp should be posed in the same way the drawn image is. No watermark as I may need to crop image to fit. I'll be applying watermark after editing so let me know what name to use for acknowledgement.

Ok got a couple.

20151114_211315.thumb.jpg.510530d737cb60this is a Royal oebt.

20151114_211443_001.thumb.jpg.c3bf987c45

Mid to high grade oebt.

20151114_211353.thumb.jpg.e9e0e0fd28cec1

This is a high grade rusty oebt

20151114_211409.thumb.jpg.949a3fa3c16972

Mid grade oebt.

I'll try look for some low grade and blondes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit blurry those shots but a good start. Calling out to everyone here that can help out by sending some high res macros to me. The chart at the top gives you an idea of what I am looking for. Would prefer the shrimp be in the same pose as the drawn image.

• 2 months later...

Still need lots of images for this chart guys:

• OEBT – cull, low
  • Tangerine Tiger – cull, low, medium, high
  • Red Tiger – cull, low, medium, high

Had this message on FB and seeking clarification as it's a little outside of my experience:

tangerines are a Caridina serrata form and so don't belong on the mariae poster

I believe it was @kizshrimp that mentioned it on facebook.

Maybe there some information out there.

9 hours ago, NoGi said:

Is that the only one? What else falls with serrata?

Blue Aura and Green Apples.

Don't know if we get many of those in Oz. But they are blue and green variants of Tangerines.

• 4 months later...

Tangerine tigers and aura blue are caridina cantonensis. As far as i m aware the green apples are tangerine tigers x aura blue

Here are pictures of some of my mariae if it is any use for the grading

mini_640379P1060220.jpg

mini_711926P1040324.jpg

mini_122397P1050659.jpg

mini_757883P1080067.jpg

mini_627368P1040854.jpg

Edited by anthonyd

Nice pics. I'll let you know if I start this grading chart again, too many challenges when we did it the first time. Maybe I'll change it to mariae variations rather than grades?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• KUNJULAKSHMI K
      By KUNJULAKSHMI K
      I found 2 gravid females in my freshwater caridina tanks. I am planning to transfer them to another tank before it hatch to avoid any stress. The eggs are kinda dark or black now. How long it  will take to hatch? Please give your valuable suggestions on when I should transfer them to another tank?

• Crabby
      By Crabby
      Hey folks!
      This thread is intended as a documentation (and space to ask questions of course) of @Frosty and my venture into caridina shrimp. 
      We’re starting off this weekend with 15-20 mischling shrimp (tibee x CBS), and maybe in a couple months if everything is going well we can add some TTS or KK or pandas or something. 
      The tank is a 4ft, with inert gravel and rocks, lots of moss, Java fern (crested and regular) and assorted crypts, and a couple big pieces of driftwood. 
      Current parameters are the following (please advise us if you think we should fix anything):
      22°, 6.8 pH (we might try ageing our water change water with peat moss, so with a couple water changes we’ll bring this down to 6.4-6.6), 3GH, 2KH, and 0 nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. 

We’re thinking maybe to make it more interesting to the average onlooker, we might add a small school of chilli rasboras, but that’s hopefully going to be it for fish. 
      The tank is in direct sunlight, so there’s a possibility we’ll need ottos at some stage.

I’ll update later with photos and our plans. Please let me know if you’ve got any advice!
      Cheers!

• Crabby
      By Crabby
      Exciting news: I just purchased 15 tangerine tiger shrimp from a local breeder, in exchange for some of my abundance of endler fry. I’m starting the drip acclimation now, along with my other two tts males who I’m moving from my larger tank. I’ll add some photos down below once they’re in the tank. Will acclimate another hour and a half probably, and feed the fish a bit extra before they go in for safety. There’s heaps of good hiding places in this tank, and I can’t wait to see the shrimp utilising them (or hopefully not even see them)!
      Will update soon.
      Cheers,
      Crabby
    • Crabby
      By Crabby
      Hey everyone,
      I was recently (meaning today) given the opportunity to set up a breeding tank for some native inverts (or some harder to breed fish I guess, but I want to go for shrimp) in a fishroom I help out in. I've been trying to decide what native shrimp I want to try breeding, but then I remembered that it's not as simple as exotics. Can I get some input from the 'experts' (@Grubs, @NoGi, @Baccus, @fishmosy, @jayc of course, I know most of you aren't very active anymore, but I would appreciate your help if you see this message) on what native invert you guys think is easiest to breed (for a semi-noob who hasn't kept natives before). I can set it up as brackish I think, we have an archer fish tank there and are setting up a saltwater as well so should have access to those tools and materials.  
      Cheers!
    • Crabby
      By Crabby
      Hey guys, I’m really wanting to get freshwater crabs, and the only ones I’ve found are A. Lacustris and A. Laevis. I can only put them in a 110 L community tank for now, but may have another option in the future. The tank is stocked with a large school of ember tetras, some rocket killies, some endlers, some tangerine tiger shrimp, and a pair of apistogrammas. Rare aqua advised that A. Lacustris would likely be eaten by the apistos, so the obvious choice would be A. Laevis, because they’re larger... right? But I’m worried that they might predate upon my shrimp, so wanted to hear some advice and opinions from more people with experience keeping these crabs.
      Cheers!
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• jayc
      Great shot of Big Mama!  I reckon, 1 week tops for hatching.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Great photo and news. The eggs are fading yellow but there are eyes so all looking good and there are a lot of eggs! Probably about half way ready to hatch.
    • d3ss3n
      Let's hope the big mama can lay safely those eggs
    • jayc
      Sorry, I'm not in that area. 🙃   I prefer Glass tanks. Acrylic scratches way too easily. Often while cleaning algae off the sides. And once it's built up enough scratches, viewing gets obstructed.    Often going with LARGE tanks, you start to fall into custom built stands. So don't be surprised if you cannot find anything suitable.   
    • sdlTBfanUK
      The easiest way wouod be to go to an aquarium shop and get a tank with a cabinet made for that tank, as that should be able to support the weight, as water in any large quantity is very heavy. I suspect it would have to be a glass aquarium at that capacity, otherwise the plastic would have to be very thick. It is possible to use a non aquarium specific piece of furniture but as you say it is quite risky, though I did help a friend do that by strengthening a nice decorative piece of furniture they had that they wanted to put a 350L tank on. It has been doing the job for 10 years but also bear in mind water marks, and we had to varnish many coats to make sure water doesn't soak into the wood etc. Its not really worth it in reality, it cost a lot of money to buy all the wood/stuff to strengthen it so was probably no cheaper, and a lot of time doing it. It may be dearer to get a combo tank and stand but much much easier and safer, and only you can know what ones you llike the appearance of? I would start off going to local stores and seeing if they have any you like, and even if not it will give you ideas?