Shrimp Tank update

planted

Cheers guys :encouragement:

SS mesh have US fissidens in them torface, but it's a very slow grower in this tank, just been letting it attach to the wood then move the mesh up a bit.

hopefully over time "going to be a long time" it will cover most of the exposed wood ;)

• 2 months later...

just another update.

bought a large moon rock and smashed it up into smaller pieces, then covered it with pellia "monosolenium tenerum"

and put all along the bottom front.

really wanted to add moss, but not enough light to make it grow compact.so hopefully the pellia does well.

also added a couple of large bits of Hygrophila pinnatifida to fill in some gaps on the sides.

added 7 x ottos, but lost 3 or 4, think it might be a tad too cold for them ? "22-24c"

they seemed to demolish my tri colour lotus too, which i'm spewing about :(

also added another 10 x seachem root tabs around the ballansae and vals which are growing well, still the only ferts added since tank setup...

ShrimpTank223-9-13.jpg

and a shot with the 50mm lens with a bit of photoshopping to remove the corner brace :p

ShrimpTank23-9-13.jpg

photo before editing :

ShrimpTankBE23-9-13.jpg

• HOF Member

Tank looks awesome, filling out really nicely. The pellia covered rocks just add that finishing touch:)

Such a stunning tank mate!!! Awesome work!

Thanks for the update, I love that tank, save a bit of open area for shrimp viewing please? I hope you are not one of those guys that just gets the tank to perfection, only to pull down and do something different?

I can't believe its a low tec tank either?

Very nice tank and PS skills! How is the monosolenium tenerum going for you? I bought some from a member but they arrived smashed as they were sent in a regular mail sachet. I had to spread them on the substrate, hoping they regrow well :(

Maybe you should chuck some more red plants in to create some contrast?

would love to, but under the very low light i run, i would struggle to grow many "if any red plants well"

if i end up moving all the shrimps on, which i'm seriously thinking about. some red plants will definitely be on the cards though.

nah pretty happy with the tank ninja, so will keep it going for a while to come :) but would love to see a big school of some nice smallish fish in it now though.

definitely low tech though mate, water change of approx 40% every 3 weeks or so, sometimes longer.

the only ferts iv'e added so far is 20 x seachem root tabs over 14 months :p and no Co2, lighting is just 4 x 24w compact fluoro tubes...

very slow growth, but that can be good sometimes, when you can't be bothered with the maintenance ;)

only added the pellia a cpl of days ago Hexa, so will see how it goes ? if it's anything like subwassertang, should be right though ;)

Cheers for the feedback guys :)