HC Leaves Yellowing

GotCrabs

I've got a 39l DSM tank going with just HC growing in it and have noticed some yellowing of the leaves on it, it was planted on the 1st this month, just wondering... am I exposing it to too much light? Photo period was 10 hours, I've now dropped to 8 hours, or am I misting the tank too much, misting twice a day, have only done it once today, humidity is high, any thoughts on this? Are the plants just adjusting perhaps? Am I better off flooding the tank? This is my first DSM so all thoughts welcome, cheers.

Oh, soil is ADA Ammazonia.

What substrate have you used?

oops just saw you said it is ADA.

is there any puddles in the substrate? The substrate should be wet but not have puddles as the ammonia from the substrate gets concentrated in the small amounts of water and can burn the leaves which kills them.

is it a lot of yellowing or just a few leaves? I found with mine a few leaves yellowed in the first week or so as the plants adjusted to emmersed conditions from being submersed at the shop.

Also keep the photoperiod at 10 hours, unless you have a streetlamp over the top then it won't be an issue.

I have mine at 12 hours and no issues.

Edited by JacksonL

Yeah no puddles mate, just misting enough to keep the soil moist though all the way through but purposely not misting to create puddles or excess water laying around.

Yeah just a few yellows here and there, I'm probably over thinking things, just worried because I don't want to stuff this up.

OK, will pop it back to 10 then.

They are probably just adjusting mate, don't stress too much. They take a little while to take root and start growing, if they are still yellowing or not thriving in a few weeks then start to worry.

• Like 1