• Rare Aqua
    Rare Aqua

Baby Amarinus Lacustris

(0 reviews)

For anyone wanting to know about baby Amarinus Lacustris care, development etc I hope I answer your questions below,

Once a female crab has shed her skin a male crab with copulate, 'hug' belly to belly for about 10 mins to 1 hour, after 24hours eggs should be visible in the females abdominal egg flap, females can carry anywhere from 10 - 40 (possibly 50) eggs at a single time, depending on water temperature eggs hatch in 3-6 weeks, in cold water hatching speed will decrease (4-6 weeks) and tropical (3 weeks Minimum), young are fully formed transparent replicas of their parents after 2 moults they achieve their sandy brown colouring. the young feed on bacterial, decaying organic matter and infusoria. it takes about 2.5 months to reach sexual maturity (faster in warmer water). It is best to separate baby crabs from adults as they may predate on the offspring if food is scarce.

I cannot add images due to file size restrictions, email me if you would like photos or to talk via email at [email protected]

User Feedback