someone ever did ruby red or kk male x super crystal red female

bobbyeZi

Hi everybody i find very interesting this forum, expecially the discussion of genetics.

I had this idea and i prepared a tank for 1 ruby red and 1 kk male x 2 super red crystal female.

my target wold be to get taiwan ruby with similar selection but not near consanguineus

is a waste of time??

someone know ?

i will be the first??

tank you and sorry for my bad english

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried or read of such crosses, generally speaking, if you really want to end up with rubies from a less constrained gene pool, it might be better to just do RRxCBS.  CRS is already a small sub-group of CBS and super reds are a small subgroup of CRS.  I'm not sure you'd get much from using super reds vs normal CRS either.  You will very often end up with a decent range of whiteness in things like WR, RR, KK etc (for example, I did not have any extreme KK's or RR in my starter colony, but I have progeny that are RR and extreme KK) and will just have to select from those. 

I hope you realize your proposed project would likely run several generations - a couple of years.  It'd be fun to do and know the results, but it's a fairly big commitment of time and tank space.

I haven't tried or read of such crosses, generally speaking, if you really want to end up with rubies from a less constrained gene pool, it might be better to just do RRxCBS.  CRS is already a small sub-group of CBS and super reds are a small subgroup of CRS.  I'm not sure you'd get much from using super reds vs normal CRS either.  You will very often end up with a decent range of whiteness in things like WR, RR, KK etc (for example, I did not have any extreme KK's or RR in my starter colony, but I have progeny that are RR and extreme KK) and will just have to select from those. 

I hope you realize your proposed project would likely run several generations - a couple of years.  It'd be fun to do and know the results, but it's a fairly big commitment of time and tank space.

oops, I go afk and come back to see it's posted itself twice!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...