Hi guys I've had my tank running for about 7 weeks now 

ammonia and nitrite -0

kh-5

gh-4

tds-122

ph-7point6 

nitrate- 0 point 25

tap water

pices black Dimond gravel with Indian almond leaf,driftwood 2 beeramids and a few plant.

have had rcs in for 2 weeks and had a few deaths I had fishing sinkers holding plants down but took them out because a apple snail died about an hour after being in the tank and spat out white jelly. Was told sinkers may have caused it. Ran cuprisorb through a seperate filter for a few days but still not game enough to put in another snail. I was hoping for some advice. I have recently ordered salty shrimp gh and kh powder but am thinking I should of ordered just the gh powder and was wondering weather the stuff for discus fish would be ok temporarily until I get some salty gh. thanks in advance ??

Edited by Chindy

I don't know what the "stuff for discuss fish" does, but I would say you are on the right track to raising the GH. I would recommend raising it to ~6.

If you can find out what the parameters are of the shrimp from the breeder and matching that, then changing to your desired parameters slowly over time, that may be another way to reduce deaths in new tanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chindy said:

the stuff for discus fish

Do you mean the Salty Shrimp Softwater Mineral GH+ ?

If that is the product you mean, then it is very similar to Bee Shrimp mineral GH+. So yes, you can use that until you get Bee Shrimp GH+.

You will only need very little to raise GH without going overboard on TDS. Also Salty Shrimp KH/GH is increasing your pH, so stop using that until you get pH, GH, KH and TDS all under control and at the right range for Red Cherry Shrimp.

• Like 1