New Chat system

NoGi

Summary: Current Chat is being discontinued and we need to find a replacement Description:

Our current Chat implementation (the one we use for auctions) is being discontinued in around 6 months. A replacement will need to be found that will possibly replace that and the chatbox we currently run.

View full item

@NoGi when load main page, it loads you at the bottom of the page where the chat box is

also chat box is broken 15hz6mt.jpg

(investigate why posting (savings) takes ages reminder)

Edited by perplex

8 hours ago, perplex said:

@NoGi when load main page, it loads you at the bottom of the page where the chat box is

This isn't happening for me anymore on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Wonder if the server reboot fixed it.

33 minutes ago, NoGi said:

This isn't happening for me anymore on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Wonder if the server reboot fixed it.

yup it seems to have fixed it, you also changed the chat so you cant see members, but thats fine but your missing the bottom chat like facebook, sure you know its gone anyway

• 4 weeks later...

Just updated to a newer version. Sidebar looks a lot better than before:

Sidebar Chat.png

Only on the front page of the forum at the moment while we test this out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, daveron said:

On mobile I am always being taken to the bottom where the chat Window is...Any fix on that? IT seems that my Chrome os up to date.

@daveron what mobile device and OS version? I'm on iPhone 7 Plus and 10.2.1 and chrome works as expected, doesn't throw me to the bottom. Have you tried clearing the cache? It usually resolves 90% of issues people have.

My Galaxy Tab S2 with Chrome browser also does that, it takes you to the bottom when the page loads.

I'll try clearing the cache tonight.

I've applied a new update but if we can narrow down the OS and version that the scroll down happens to it would be useful.

10 hours ago, NoGi said:

What android version is the tab 2?

Android ver 5.1.1

Android 6.0, Huawei P8 lite here.

It's not a scroll down, just the chat type Window gets autoselected whenever you reload a page, and as a result the page goes down and virtual keyboard opens up. 

2 minutes ago, daveron said:

Android 6.0, Huawei P8 lite here.

It's not a scroll down, just the chat type Window gets autoselected whenever you reload a page, and as a result the page goes down and virtual keyboard opens up. 

I'm not seeing that but I'm on iOS. I'll raise a support ticket in any case. A photo of what you are describing would be useful if you can take a screenshot?